CPG Influencer Marketing Statistics
In 2017, out of 86% of consumers who used some form of influencer marketing, 92% considered it an effective marketing technique. Currently, 81% of marketers are using influencer content. Below is a detailed analysis of the effectiveness of influencer marketing as it applies in the consumer packaged goods (CPG) sector.
Effectiveness of Influencer Marketing Within the Consumer Packaged Goods sector
- Influencer marketing is a popular technique that CPG brands are using to influence consumers' decision-making. In 2017, out of 86% of consumers who used some form of influencer marketing, 92% considered it an effective marketing technique.
- Many marketers are choosing influencer marketing because of its authentic nature. Currently, 81% of marketer are using influencer content. Out of this, 51% of brands have reported that it outperforms brand-created content.
- Brands are using influencer marketing to build trust among customers. Research shows that 92% of people are more likely to trust recommendations from other people over branded content. Many consumers are more likely to try out a product recommended in an online review written by another consumer compared to pitching details in a post about the product. This is huge potential considering 49% of consumers depend on influencer recommendations to make a decision.
- Influencer marketing is capturing the attention of 58% of Millenials, surpassing organic reach and email marketing as the fastest growing online customer acquisition method. Millenials are the shifting the face of marketing because they represent 25% of the population and are expected to spend more than 65 billion dollars on CPG in the next decade.
- Market trends show that CPG brands are increasingly shifting their marketing budgets toward digital. In the coming year, marketers are expected to around $100 billion on digital ads. With the emergence of new trends like influencer marketing, marketers are re-examining their marketing budgets so as to maximize ROI with modest investment.
- 44% of CPG brands are using influencer content to boost performance of other sales channels. On the other hand, 36% of marketers plan to integrate influencer marketing with e-commerce to drive product sales. Around a third (32%) of marketers plan to shift from one-off, tactical campaign execution to adopt influencer marketing as a long term sales strategy.
- 29% of brands plan contract influencers to be the brand ambassadors. All these statistics confirm the growing popularity of influencer marketing among CPG brands.