COVID-19- Impact on Children's Education
Impact on Children's Education
The Coronavirus pandemic is having different kinds of impact on children's education, including mental and academic challenges faced by students and teachers around the world. Below we provide 10 articles that discuss the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on children's education.
- COVID-19's staggering impact on global education — This article contains recent data on the global impact that the Coronavirus pandemic is having on children's education.
- Educational challenges and opportunities of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic — This story covers the current challenges faced by global education amid the COVID-19 pandemic and actions that institutions and countries should implement to tackle them.
- School closures, government responses, and learning inequality around the world during COVID-19 — This report provides information on how education around the world is being impacted by the Coronavirus pandemic and what different governments are doing to respond.
- The Education Impact of COVID-19 — This publication talks about the educational impact of COVID-19 and all the challenges that students are facing.
- ProFuturo joins forces with UNESCO to combat the impact of COVID-19 on education — This article contains information regarding the impact that COVID-19 is currently having on education and how ProFuturo and UNESCO's partnership will act against it.
- COVID-19 Is Reshaping The K-12 Education Landscape — This story covers the challenges that US schools are facing amid the Coronavirus pandemic and how they are responding.
- How the Coronavirus shutdown will affect school district revenues — This piece informs about the economic impact that school districts will face due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Understanding the Impact of COVID-19 on K-12 Education — This article talks about the mental, physical, and academic impacts that students will face amid the Coronavirus pandemic.
- How Will COVID-19 Affect Equity in Education? — This story covers the impact of COVID-19 on equity in education, including ethnicity, bullying, and disabilities.
- How COVID-19 Closures May Disrupt Student Learning — This publication contains information regarding the impact that COVID-19 is having on children's learning process, especially focusing on the "summer learning loss."
Forecasts on Children's Education
Some experts have shared their views on how children's education future may look like after the COVID-19 pandemic subsides, like the adoption of new technology by educators around the world. Some articles that provide information on the current forecasts on children's education after the COVID-19 pandemic subsides, are provided below.
- Homeschooling during the coronavirus pandemic could change education forever, says the OECD — This article contains information regarding the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development's forecast about how technology will change how professors teach students after the pandemic.
- After COVID-19: Recalibrating the American educational system — This story covers the forecast of Bob Balfanz, a professor at the Johns Hopkins School of Education, regarding the future of American education after the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 4 ways COVID-19 could change how we educate future generations — This paper talks about how COVID-19 will change the education methods of the next generations, including education in an interconnected world, redefinition of the role of the educator, life skills needed to be taught in the future, and the use of technology in education.
- 3 ways the coronavirus pandemic could reshape education — This article contains information regarding future transformations the COVID-19 pandemic could bring, such as innovations, public-private partnerships, and the widening of the digital divide.
- Coronavirus Will Change the World Permanently. Here’s How. — This essay compiles the predictions of 30 macro thinkers regarding the future after the COVID-19 pandemic, including the future of learning and education.
- Is the Coronavirus Pandemic Forcing Us to Take a Step Into the Future? — This article talks about how the pandemic will shape the future, including how children learn.
- 10 ways the coronavirus pandemic could change American life as we know it — This story covers many forecasts into how the world will look after the COVID-19 pandemic, including a possible remote learning adoption for children.
- What’s at the end of the coronavirus tunnel? Local scholars share some ideas — This article shares different forecasts into how life will look like after the COVID-19 subsides, including changes in children's education, according to San Diego scholars.
- MSU FACULTY MEMBER DISCUSSES THE FUTURE OF EDUCATION AMID COVID-19 CRISIS — This article provides information on the possible future of learning after the Coronavirus pandemic subsides.
- Post-COVID-19 classrooms: What if 'keeping your distance' becomes the new school normal? — After some countries are experiencing returning to normal activities, this article provides predictions on how the new normal may look for children's education.