TD Ameritrade - Messaging Surrounding COVID-19
Ameritrade US is communicating to their customers through their CEO, Steve Boyle. His message is clear, factual, and helpful.
- TD Ameritrade's message is from their CEO Steve Boyle.
- The letter states their number one priority is the "physical and financial health and safety of our clients and associates."
- Steve also was soothing and optimistic that the market has its ups and downs and will recover.
- He announced many of their corporate employees were working from home and their representatives are practicing social distancing to keep them safe but still available to customers.
- TD is suspending person-to-person visits in their branches, but employees will be available by phone.
- Because of the volatility in the market, the wait time to talk to traders can be significant. To mitigate this challenge, the bank has "created a resource that answers many of the most commonly asked questions" their clients have right now.
- Industry experts are available to share "their insights live, every market day, through programming from our media affiliate, the TD Ameritrade Network."
- There is also a Ticker Tape site with daily market commentary.
- The communication ends with the president pledging to do whatever they can to meet their customers needs and wishing them a quick and healthy return to a normal routine.
- TD Canada Trust, the Canadian bank has emailed their customers with basically the same message.