Fidelity - Messaging Surrounding COVID-19
Fidelity has put out information regarding the coronavirus for regular customers and professionals. Most of their information is coming from Fidelity c-suite members, with some information for professionals coming from Fidelity financial advisers. Their main message is to "hunker down" and "think long term."
- Fidelity messaging surrounding the coronavirus have two target audiences — professionals involved in direct trading in the market and customers that use Fidelity's investment services.
- The main messaging is from Fidelity's CEO Abigail P. Johnson.
- Information for professionals has come from Fidelity Director of Global Macro Jurrien Timmer, options strategist and CNBC contributor Dan Nathan, Fidelity Capital Market Strategist Claus te Wildt, Dirk Hofschire, senior vice president, asset allocation research, and Institutional Portfolio Manager Lars Schuster.
- Some information is also coming from non-specific authors like "Fidelity Viewpoints."
- Fidelity has shared some basic information on the logistics of their offices during the coronavirus, including that they have increased their phone hours and by providing "secure drop boxes at Fidelity Investor Center locations" for processes that cannot take place digitally.
- The main message from Fidelity's CEO is focused on reassuring customers that Fidelity has their best interests under control and that Fidelity advisers have the experience necessary to handle it.
- The main message on how to handle investments during the coronavirus outbreak for customers is to "hunker down" and "think long term." Fidelity is also providing information on re-evaluating investment diversification, learning about market volatility, and learning about bear markets.
- For professionals, Fidelity has put out more technical information like "a review of the current state of the U.S. business cycle and the affects of the spread of COVID-19, as well as the potential implications for asset allocation" and information on global markets.
- Fidelity also brought on Options Strategist Dan Nathan for a video series aimed at investors titled "In The Money." During these videos they discuss technical strategies for investing during the coronavirus like a recent video discussing "a new trade idea for risk-off conditions."
- Fidelity's messaging on the coronavirus geared towards their customers is promoted via their regular website. The main page has two coronavirus related messages, one directly from the CEO and one on the logistics of Fidelity's investment offices and advisers during the coronavirus. Links to both messages appear right at the top of the page on the main website.
- Messaging regarding the coronavirus geared mostly towards customers, but also applicable to professionals, is also available via the Fidelity Viewpoints blog section of their main website.
- Information for professionals is mostly located on their institutional website under Insights. For professionals, they also have a video series and a podcast series.
- Fidelity has also shared information about the coronavirus on their social media. On their Facebook profile, Fidelity shares information both for professionals and customers. The content is mostly shared from Fidelity websites.
- On their Twitter profile, Fidelity shares information primarily geared towards investment professionals.
- On their LinkedIn profile, Fidelity shared only the message from their CEO regarding the coronavirus.