Cost & Risk - Fracking Well Personnel
The Bureau of Labor Statistics tracks Injuries, Illnesses and Fatalities (IIF) by NAICS Code.
The code 2111 is for Oil and Gas Extraction. There is no specific category reserved for fracking.
The attached spreadsheet shows all the injuries over a four-year period and the deaths between October 2016 and April 2017.
- From July 2015 to August 2019, there were 111 injuries reported under the NAICS Code 2111.
- This averages 27.75 injuries in the Oil and Gas injury per year.
- The attached spreadsheet includes a tab for the data from the 111 injuries.
- The spreadsheet includes the date, the employer, the location, a description of the accident and whether the employee was hospitalized.
There were 12 deaths between October 2016 and April 2017. The attached spreadsheet provides all the data.
- At Coles Energy, 3619 E State Route 113 MILAN OH, Thomas Layton was fatally injured in a fall when fuel truck exploded.
- At U.S. Pipeline, 200 Murphy Rd RAYMOND GA, William Helmintaller Jr died after being crushed by pipe bore casing.
- At Man Welding Services, Inc., Nabors Drilling Rig X50 in ORLA TX, Jose Valasquez died after being entangled by an agitator machine.
- At Slatex Well Service, Inc., 16075 FM 770 SARATOGA TX William Elton Williams died in fall.
- At Basin Anchor, 8310 E. I-20 MIDLAND TX, Armando Deleon died after being found unresponsive inside FRAC tank.
- At U.S. Well Services LLC, Hartley East Pad MIDDLEBOURNE WV Hunter Osbourne was fatally crushed between tractor trailer and silo.
- At C & D Oilfield Services, Inc., SMD 1-28x BELFIELD ND Christopher Oakland was killed in oil field explosion/fire.
- At Freeflow Services LLC, Port Arthur, TX Allan Wilfredo Ramirez was asphyxiated while cleaning chemical tank trailer.
- At Latshaw Drilling, Pecos, TX Matthew Thompson was struck and killed by pipe.
- At North American Tubular Services, LLC, Kilgore, NM Jorge Campos was struck and killed by well casing.
- At Venture Energy Services, Gonzales, TX Javier Valerio was one of five workers servicing a well-head who were hospitalized after being severely injured by flash fire.