Workforce and Corporate Replacements 1
Gogo, Ask.com, Coty, Etsy, Bed Bath & Beyond, American Eagle, and Stouse are some examples of companies that have rapidly replaced an important individual.
Workforce and Corporate Replacements
- After the resignation of Gogo's CEO Michael Small, he was replaced by board member, Oakleigh Thorne effectively immediately.
- Clay Davis became president and CEO of Stouse LLC, effective immediately after Bruce Reed's retirement from 14 years of leadership.
4. Bed Bath & Beyond:
- Bed Bath & Beyond's CEO, Steven Temares stepped down from his position only for board member Mary Winston to take charge as CEO with immediate effect.
- Etsy board member Josh Silverman was given the position of CEO immediately after Chad Dickerson stepped down from the CEO position.
- GE removed CEO and Chairman John Flannery and replaced him with Lawrence Culp, effective immediately.
To find examples of companies who have rapidly replaced an important individual or large workforce, your research team started to look for business articles, company press releases, interviews of C-suite personnel. The team looked for information on sites like CNBC Business Insider, The Business Journals, Fortune, among others and found examples of various companies that replaced individuals within the company rapidly/immediately.
WHY THESE EXAMPLES ARE PROVIDED
These examples found are from US based companies and the reason for including these examples is that the companies have replaced an individual in the company immediately/rapidly. However, the reason for including only individual examples is that there are limited examples for companies which have replaced a large workforce rapidly. The examples found for large workforce in companies like GE, Ford, GM, etc were about layoff of workforce and did not provide evidence to show if the companies have replaced their workforce rapidly.