Corporate Innovation Labs
Seven corporate innovation labs for companies that have over 1,000 employees include: BlackLocus, Lowe's Innovation Lab, Sam's Club Now and Oracle Labs among others. Below are highlights of these innovation labs.
THE HOME DEPOT
- Number of employees: Over 400,000 employees
- Innovation lab name: BlackLocus
- Company address: 2455 Paces Ferry Road, Atlanta, Georgia 30339, US.
- Lab address: 101 W 6th Street, Suite 700, Austin, TX 78701.
- Head of innovation lab: Xingchu Liu
- Number of employees: Over 290,000
- Innovation lab name: Lowe's Innovation Lab (lil)
- Company address: 1000 Lowes Blvd, Mooresville, NC 28117, US
- Lab address: Mooresville, Kirkland, North Carolina, Washington and Bangalore, India
- Head of innovation lab: Josh Shabtai
- Number of employees: Over 1.5 million employees in the U.S.
- Innovation lab name: Sam's Club Now
- Company address: 702 SW 8th St, Bentonville, Arkansas 72712, US.
- Lab address: 2218 Greenville Ave, Dallas, TX 75206
- Head of innovation lab: Jamie Iannone
- Number of employees: Over 137,000 employees
- Innovation lab name: Oracle Labs
- Company address: Redwood Shores, CA 94065
- Lab address: 5300 Riata Park Court, Austin, TX 78727, US.
- Number of employees: Over 260,000 employees
- Innovation lab name: AT&T Labs Advanced Technologies
- Company address: AT&T Headquarters 208 S. Akard St. Dallas, TX 75202
- Lab address: 208 S. Akard St. Dallas, TX 75202
- Number of employees: 48,800 employees
- Innovation lab name: Capital One Labs
- Company address: 1680 Capital One Drive , McLean, VA 22102-3491
- Lab address: 3030 Clarendon Blvd, 5th floor, Arlington, VA 22201
- Number of employees: 274, 143 employees
- Innovation lab name: Panasonic Automotive Innovation Center
- Company address: 828 McCarter Hwy, Newark, NJ 07102
- Lab address: Centergy One Building, 75 Fifth Street NW, Atlanta, GA 30308, USA
In order to identify corporate innovation labs data, your research team leveraged two CBInsights lists that highlighted leading corporate organizations that have innovation labs. We reviewed these lists and excluded companies that had partnered with colleges or universities in creating their innovation labs. Next, we ensured that the selected companies had over 1,000 employees and had innovation labs in the following states: AL, AR, DC, DE, FL, GA, KY, MD, NC, OK, SD, TN, TX, and VA. This method allowed us come up with a list of seven companies with innovation labs. Finally, we reviewed their websites and LinkedIn profiles for additional data.