Restaurant Industry Executives-Part 1
John Miller, Joe Kadow, Greg Flynn, Amy Mason, Paul Brown, Ray Blanchette, Paul Avery, and George McKerrow sit on or have sat on at least one corporate board. The list of companies they have served or serve as a board member for have been provided below.
John Miller - Dennys
- Not only is John Miller, the CEO and President of Denny's, but he also serves as a board member of the company.
- Recently, John Miller joined the Wilberforce University Board of Trustees as a Vice Chairman.
- Prior to Denny's, John Miller led Taco Bueno Restaurants Inc. for over five years.
Joe Kadow - Outback
- Joseph Kadow is the "Executive Vice President and Chief Legal Officer of Bloomin Brands," a company that owns Outback Steakhouse, Carrabba's Italian Grill, Bonefish Grill, and Fleming's Prime Steakhouse.
- He is a Director and a Board Member of the Habit Burger Grill.
- In 2016, Joseph Kadow served as the Chairman of the Board of Directors at the National Restaurant Association.
Greg Flynn - Flynn Restaurant Group
- Gregory Grant Flynn is the Chairman, Founder, and CEO of Flynn Restaurant among other companies he manages.
- He is a board member of the Exploratorium Board of Trustees and Brown University President’s Leadership Council.
- Gregg Flynn is also on the Strategic Advisory Group of Goldman Sachs’ West Street Capital Partners.
- At Cove Hill Partners, he serves on the Executive Advisory Board.
- He is on the board of Applebee’s Franchise Business Council.
- Flynn was previously a Board Chairman of the Golden Gate Chapter of the Young Presidents Organization.
Amy Kavanaugh Mason - Dine Brands
- Amy Kavanaugh Mason is the Senior Vice President of Global Communications & Consumer Insights at Dine Brands.
- Amy Kavanaugh Mason serves as a board member for the DiscoveryCube.
- She previously served as an Executive Director of the Taco Bell Foundation.
Paul Brown - Inspire
- Paul Brown is currently the Chief Executive Officer of Inspire Brands. He also co-founded the company.
- Brown is a board member of H&R Block and FOCUS Brands.
- He is also a member of the board of directors of J.C. Penney and Brand USA.
- Paul Brown previously led Expedia, Hilton Worldwide, and Arby's.
Ray Blanchette - TGI
- Ray Blanchette is the Chief Executive Officer and President of TGI Friday's.
- Blanchette is an Advisory Executive at the No Kid Hungry board.
- He previously served as the Board Chairman of Great American Dine Out.
- Ray Blanchette was also a board member of Ignite Restaurant Group,
Paul Avery - World of Beer
- Paul Avery is the President and Chief Executive Officer of World & Beer Bar & Kitchen.
- Avery is one of the Board of Directors of Suntrust Bank in Tampa Bay and Paul Smith’s College New York.
- He also serves as a Chairman of the board of directors of the Friedreich’s Ataxia Research Alliance.
- Paul Avery was previously a chair of Take Stock in Children Inc.
- Avery recently joined the board of directors of Fish & Wildlife Foundation of Florida.
George McKerrow - Teds
- George McKerrow is the Chief Executive Officer and Co-founder of Ted’s Montana Grill. He is also one of the company's board of directors.
- From 1996 to 2002, McKerrow served on the board of directors for Culinary Institute of America.
- He was also on the National Restaurant Association's board of directors from 1997 to 2003.
In order to provide the current and past corporate board positions that John Miller, Joe Kadow, Greg Flynn, Amy Mason, Paul Brown, Ray Blanchette, Paul Avery, and George McKerrow hold or have held in the past, we mainly relied on their profiles found on the website of the company they currently work for. To be sure that no board affiliations were missed, we also examined their LinkedIn profiles. We then scoured their profiles on Bloomberg. Lastly, we searched for news reports announcing their board affiliation or board position at any company. Using these strategies, we were able to list all board positions that the specified individuals have held or currently hold.