Cooper Acquisitions - 3
Between 1998 to 2000, Cooper Industries acquired ten companies: Corelite, Willsher & Quick, Neo-Ray, Regent Lighting, Industrias Royer, and JSB Electrical among others. The requested data on these companies can be found in the attached spreadsheet.
- In May 2000, Cooper Industries acquired Sigma's B-Line Systems' business for $430.6 million. At the time, B-Line Systems' sales was $253 million.
- Cooper Industries acquired Eagle Electric Manufacturing in March 2000 for $124.6 million.
- JSB Electrical was bought out by Cooper Industries for $61 million in May 1999.
- Cooper Industries acquired Capri-Codec SA, a French electrical company, in May 1999. At the Time, Capri-Codec SA had sales of $25 million.
- Industrias Royer, an electrical company based in Mexico, was bought out by Cooper Industries in June 1998 for an undisclosed amount.
While we were able to gather majority of the requested data on Cooper Industries' acquisitions, the website link, value of acquisition, and company logo for a few of the acquisitions could not be ascertained.
We first relied on press releases and news articles by publications like Biz Journals to get this information. In cases where this was futile, we turned to Cooper Industries' annual reports for 1998 to 2000. There, Cooper Industries explained that it chose not to disclose financial details for some of its transactions.
With this in mind, we examined company profiles by platforms by Bloomberg for the website link and company logo of the acquired businesses. There, we found the website links we needed but most of them led to domain names for sale. Using an archive tool to explore the websites of these companies before they were acquired worked in a few cases. For the others, NA has been entered into the spreadsheet since we exhausted available search strategies and still found nothing.