Content Marketing for Consultancies
Three of the best types of content marketing that will generate conversion for consultancies include videos, infographics, and social media posts.
- Content marketing costs 62% less than outbound marketing. It also generates three times more leads than paid search and has a six times higher conversion rating than traditional marketing.
- Additionally, 74% of companies say that content marketing increases leads and lead quality while 90% of B2B buyers state that online content impacts their purchasing decisions.
- For consultants, one of the best ways to connect with their target audiences, strengthen their brand image, drive more traffic to their site, and increase their sales is through content marketing.
- Content marketing is particularly crucial to consultants because it enables them to have direct access to their target audience.
- Moreover, consultants do not sell tangible goods, as they are in the knowledge business. They are hired because of the expert advice they give within a particular field and the best way to show this expertise is through content marketing techniques.
- Consultancies need to understand the needs of their target audience before settling on the types of content marketing they can use.
- In addition to that, they also need to use the types of content marketing that will both provoke an emotional reaction from their audience and pique their curiosity in order to be able to convert them to subscribers.
- For many consultants, blogging is one of the best types of content marketing because they attract more clients.
- For instance, B2B companies that use/have blogs get 67% more leads.
- According to a study conducted by Hinge Research, blogging was named as one of the top ten best content marketing techniques.
- However, if a blog is inactive, it will keep potential clients away.
THE BEST TYPES OF CONTENT MARKETING
- Creating videos that are short, entertaining, humorous, and captivating can help companies in generating a good ROI.
- It is estimated that one-third of all online activity is spent on watching video content.
- According to BrightCove, brands that use video as a content marketing technique can expect to see an average increase of 157% in organic traffic from search engines.
- Additionally, videos also help increase the time spent on the website site by 105%, which increases the chances of conversion and sales.
- A recent research by HubSpot revealed that 50% of consumers want to see more videos from the brands they interact with.
- Using videos as a form of content marketing can help consultancies build relationships with audience members, improve ROI, and boost conversion rates.
- Dollar Shave Club's video that went viral is a good example of how videos are one of the best content marketing techniques. His 26 million views on YouTube have helped the Dollar Shave Club experience impressive growth and brand recognition.
- Another good example of how video content is one of the best techniques for content marketing are Ian James' videos. He says that when he first started he used brochures and articles to market himself but he was not able to establish credibility until he started posting videos, which allowed him to rise in popularity. People even started leaving messages complementing the quality of his videos.
- Infographics are a form of visual content marketing that display content, information, and data in an easy-to-understand, graphic format to customers.
- Infographics help viewers to better visualize data, such as statistics, and understand why something is valuable or how something works.
- 65% of people are visual learners, which means that designing infographics with a mix of simple wording, short statements, and clear images can help increase the consultancies' messages efficiency.
- Infographics can help consultancies to ieducate their clients and provide information that can add value for leads and customers.
3. Social Media Posts
- A lot of people [3.7 billion users globally] are constantly on their social media platforms nowadays. As such, posts containing the services, sales, and promotions of a company will increase the number of customers and ROI.
- Different social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, and Instagram can help consultancies to both reach new audiences and nurture their relationships with customers.
- Other than helping consultancies to engage new leads and existing customers, social media posts can also help them when it comes to increasing conversion rates.
- Using paid and sponsored ads on social media platforms also help consultancies reach their target audiences faster.