Consumer Brand Launches - Case Studies
After an exhaustive search through credible sources, it appears that information for two to three case studies of consumer brand launch campaigns with very successful media marketing efforts is unavailable in the public domain.
CONSUMER BRAND LAUNCHES: USEFUL INSIGHTS
- Buddy Nutrition, a personalized nutrition platform, launched in the year 2019 and provides customizable functional supplements and foods.
- The customized direct-to-customer smoothie shot offered by Buddy Nutrition is enriched with added nutritional ingredients to accomplish distinct objectives that go beyond fundamental macro nutrition.
- In 2017, WeWork began providing the WeWork Wellness app, along with numerous pop-up fitness sessions for nonmembers and members in available spaces within its offices.
- Le-Vel Brands, LLC, revealed a nutritional product in 2016 that was expected to become its most successful launch ever. It was projected to produce millions in sales shortly after its launch.
- FORM was regarded as a unique hybrid innovation that consolidated a proprietary hydrolyzed collagen protein with Sequential Gel Technology, which acts as a proprietary delivery system, to strengthen absorption and permit one's body to safeguard and shield collagen stores.
- Morinda’s Noni + Collagen product was very successful after its launch. Within two months in initial test markets, it generated over $4 million in revenue. These test markets included the United States, Japan, and Taiwan.
- After Noni + Collagen experienced success, Morinda extended it to more than 50 additional nations in the Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Europe, Latin American.
- Hearst Magazines entered the subscription video on demand, or SVOD, market in 2019 with All Out Studio, which is its fitness application.
Our research began by looking for marketing case studies through marketing and advertising databases on sites such as WARC, Creative Brief, Effie, among others. The idea here was to use the search option tool on these databases and find examples of brand launch campaigns from the healthy lifestyle/wellness/fitness space. This strategy did not work as there were no such case studies available. At most, we found examples of marketing campaigns of health/wellness brands, but they were not for new launches or re-launches. We believed this strategy would work as these sites publish creative and effective marketing campaigns of various companies and could have published some examples from wellness or fitness brands.
Next, we searched through various media articles and industry publications to find any information on the new brand launches or re-launches of products from health or wellness industries. We came across numerous articles published by sites like Well To Do Global, BusinessWire, Business Insider, among others. With this strategy, we found information on new brand launches. However, there was no data about their marketing budgets or if the launch was successful with the implemented marketing efforts. The idea behind this strategy was to find relevant articles or media publications that would provide us with details on brand launches that fit the criteria.
Afterward, we searched for information on websites that publish articles and reports on advertising and marketing related topics such as Adage, Adweek, Marketing Week, etc. We aimed to find articles of marketing campaigns that included new product launches along with success metrics. With this strategy, we found examples of some new product launches of fitness and wellness brands. Nonetheless, there was no information on the success metrics and marketing efforts. We believed this strategy would work as these sites publish covers creative, advertising, marketing, and new campaigns and could have published relevant information.
Finally, we decided to build a case study by finding some useful data points. First, we looked for examples of brands launched in the last three years in the healthy lifestyle/wellness/fitness space. We found some on sites such as PRNewswire, Morinda, among others. We then looked for information on the marketing budgets of these brands on their company websites, press releases, industry sources, etc. However, there was no such information available. The idea behind this strategy was to look for examples of brands that were launched in the last three years, then use them to find relevant information on the marketing budgets.
Furthermore, we could have used these examples to search for the success metrics of the brand launches, which all would have been utilized to develop a relevant case study. This strategy worked to an extent as we found examples of successful brand launches. However, there was no information on the marketing efforts.
Due to the lack of available data, we were unable to present two to three case studies of consumer brand launch campaigns with very successful media marketing efforts.