Connecticut Businesses Olympics Partners
Connecticut businesses that have been involved in the Olympic Summer Games include Nestlé Waters North America, Harman International Industries, Carrier Corporation, Subway, and Timex Group. Complete details about each involvement are provided in the attached spreadsheet.
- Nestlé Waters North America began an endorsement deal with Aly Raisman after the 2012 Summer Games.
- Harman International Industries provided audio installations during the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
- Carrier Corporation provided 70% of air/heating/ventilation services during the 2008 Beijing Summer Games.
- Subway entered into an endorsement deal with Michael Phelps after his 2008 Beijing Summer Games wins.
- Timex Group courted Summer Games Olympians (Leo Manzano, Molly Huddle, and Josh Cox) after the 2012 games to be athlete ambassadors for the company.
The research team reviewed a listing of Connecticut’s largest companies to identify companies with a stated involvement in the Olympic Summer Games. The team reviewed Connecticut-based local and national news stories regarding the Olympics and/or its Summer Games, as well as reviewed 100 of Connecticut’s largest companies to find press releases or other evidence of Olympic involvement.
The team identified two past companies that provided products and/or services during summer Olympic events (e.g., Carrier and Harman). Other companies identified may not have been involved in the Summer Games (e.g., Centerplate catered events during the 2010 Winter Games) and, therefore, were not listed.
Because the team’s comprehensive search did not turn up many service/product-based involvements in the Olympic Summer Games, we pivoted a bit to focus on sponsorships/endorsements that took place directly after or before Olympic Summer Games or those with Olympic athletes who compete in Summer Games