Complete Structure Construction Courses (1)
Three examples of construction courses 2-8 weeks in length are Colorado Homebuilding Academy, North Central States Regional Council of Carpenters, and Clues eight-week Carpentry Training.
Colorado Homebuilding Academy
- Course content: basic safety, construction industry knowledge, construction math, exposure to different trades, hand and power tools, career preparation, build projects, and blueprint reading.
- Tuition is free for those pursuing employment or promotion in Colorado’s construction sector.
- Next class is scheduled for August 26th, 2019.
- APEX is a five-week introductory course to major aspects of construction carpentry. It includes "jobsite readiness and expectations, working hands-on with common hand and power tools, material identification, and layout and construction techniques, including introduction to aerial lifts".
- This course introduces interior systems, wood framing, concrete & interior finish, hand & power tool orientation, and OSHA 10 & first aid/CPR.
- This career readiness program is fully funded through a $150,000 grant from the US Department of Labor given via the MN Department of Labor & Industry.
Clues Carpentry Training
- CLUES Carpentry is an eight-week training program.
- This is a free program offered.
- On completion of the course, students become eligible for "union jobs in bricklaying, finishing trades or carpentry".
- The course equips students with the skills and certifications needed to start a career in carpentry.
- Course schedule and location: August 13 - October 5, weeks 1-4 at CLUES St. Paul 797 East 7th St., St. Paul; and August 13 - October 5, weeks 5-8 at North Country Carpenters Training Center 740 Olive St., St. Paul.
- Free training and assistance in job placement.
- Registration sessions are every Thursday from 1-3 PM. in St. Paul. No appointment is required; walk-ins are welcome.