Podcasting Systems Competitive Landscape - Omny Studio & Libsyn
Omny Studio offers "complete audio management for podcasters and radio" by providing enterprise-level tools for all audio needs. On the other hand, Libsyn offers tools that help content creators publish in major podcast platforms and provides custom mobile apps, a web player, and a podcast directory. The requested information about Omny Studio and Libsyn have been entered in rows 2 and 3 in the attached spreadsheet.
- Omny Studio's key features include podcast hosting, radio broadcast capture, publishing & sharing, editing, monetization, and analytics.
- Some positive customer reviews of the service include (1) the company's customer support team is quick to respond to any issues; (2) they allow users to add an intro and an outro to the main file, which can also serve as mini commercials, an additional revenue-generating opportunity; and (3) one account can have multiple users, which is very helpful for a team of podcast creators.
- However, when editing in the cloud, the company wipes out the ID3 tags, so if any user plays the podcast on Windows Media Player, the artwork made by the content producer does not show up.
- The price of the service starts at $99 a month.
- Omny Studio targets traditional broadcasters and pure-play podcasters; and with Triton Digital acquiring the company, their primary target country is Australia since Triton Digital is headquartered in Melbourne.
- The key features of Libsyn are OnPublish (a tool that allows content creators to publish their podcasts on Apple Podcasts, Pandora, Spotify, and other popular platforms), custom podcast app creation, Libsyn Player, and a directory of over 50,000 podcasts.
- Customers perceive Libsyn's The Feed application as a source of great information and helpful tips, which is helpful for new podcasters. Customers also see Lisbyn's The Podcast Source app a great source of podcasts.
- However, negative reviews of both apps mostly cite the apps being buggy, frequently crashing, and not showing podcasts hosted by Libsyn.
- Libsyn's pricing tiers are Classic 50, which is $5 per month; Classic 250, which is $15 per month; Advanced 400, which is $20 per month; and Advanced 800, which is $40 per month.
- Libsyn is a global podcast hosting company; and according to Chartable, one of the top podcast Apple Podcasts/iTunes distributors
To find the requested information for Omny Studio and Libsyn, we started our research by looking into each of the companies' websites, where we were able to gather a lot of insights about the company and able to provide several information for the competitive analysis. For the customer reviews, we had to rely on the reviews on Google Play Store and customer analysis or review of the podcast hosting service. For the pricing of Omny Studio, we had to rely on third-party websites. For the target markets of both services, we relied on articles on investor relations for Libsyn and business news for Omny Studio.