West Elm - B2B collections
After conducting extensive research, we obtained only one desk type in West Elm's b2b collections. The standard desk is the only desk type available in West Elm's b2b collections, provided as part of the Greenpoint Private Office collection with Steelcase, which features the executive and private desks.
DESK TYPES IN WEST ELM'S B2B COLLECTIONS
STANDARD DESK TYPE
The standard desk type of West Elm's Greenpoint Private Office collection with Steelcase has two products categorized into the executive and private desks.
1. EXECUTIVE DESK
- Greenpoint Private Office executive desk work surfaces have a thickness of 4 inches, with a 30-inch or 36-inch diameter, and is produced with wood veneer only.
- The desk has "square tube steel legs" on two ends, which utilize a variety of powder coat finishes.
2. PRIVATE DESK
- Greenpoint Private Office private desk work surfaces have a thickness of 1.125 inches, with a 30-inch or 36-inch diameter. They are produced with wood veneer or High-Pressure Laminate.
- The desk usually has a power cut out, located in the center, left, or right side of the work surface. However, this unit is purchased separately.
- It has a modesty panel and desk return version.
- "Under-worksurface pedestals are available in 18-inch and 24-inch diameters for desk returns."
Examples of this desk type can be found in this link.
We kicked off our research in a bid to identify the top two desk types in West Elm's b2b collections. We scanned through the already identified Trade, Contract, and Work b2b pages on the company's website. However, upon searching the Contract and Trade pages, we could not find any available desk-type product, as the former only featured a restaurant table collection. We dived deeper to review the catalog, to ensure that this was the case, and found that the products available in this category were tailored towards the restaurant industry.
Next, we looked at the Trade page. We found that this category only provided information about the trading aspects of West Elm and did not offer products specific to the desk and tables category alone. As such, we abandoned this search.
Furthermore, we looked at the West Elm's Work Collection and found several useful products for the work environment. We found some tables and chairs, but only noticed one category that offered desks. We researched this category and came across a document which provided the requested information. However, this category only showed products for the standard desk type.
To ensure that we had covered all bases, we did a final search for West Elm's b2b partnerships in the tables and desks industry. We found the partnership with Steelcase (which comprises West Elm's Work Collection), and another partnership with Rent the Runway. Since we had already exhausted all information regarding the Steelcase partnership, we focused on the one with Rent the Runway. However, this partnership was only regarding home decor rentals, rather than work/desk-related furniture.