Most of TikTok's users in the US are men who are less than 24 years old. These individuals earn above $100,000 annually.
- Currently, 25.8% of people who use TikTok in the US are between ages 18 to 24.
- Up to 24.5% of US TikTok users are between ages 25 to 34, while 20.3% are between ages 25 to 44 years old.
- Only 13.1% of TikTok users are between 45 to 54 years old.
- More males use TikTok than females in the US.
- Up to 55.6% of US TikTok users are male, while 44.4% are female.
- Most TikTok users in the US make more than the average household income of the country.
- Around 37% of US TikTok users have an annual household income of over $100,000, while 18% have a household income of less than $25,000.
- Up to 14.8% of US TikTok users have a household income of $75,000 to $100,000. About 9.9% have a household income of $40,000 to $60,000.
- A breakdown of TikTok users by US location could not be found.
- According to Google Trends, searches for "TikTok" are mainly from Oklahoma, with a 100 rate of interest.
- Other states with the most interest in TikTok include Missouri (99), Utah (99), Kentucky (99), Nebraska (98), Ohio (96), South Dakota (96), and West Virginia (96).
- TikTok is most popular in China. Over 55% of TikTok users reside in this country.
- The app has almost 200 million downloads in India, with the US being a distant second at 41 million downloads.
- In October 2018, TikTok was the second most downloaded app in the US. It had about 6 million US downloads in that month alone.
- Currently, there are roughly 132.5 million monthly active users TikTok users in the US.
- The average TikTok user spends 52 minutes per day on the app.
Marketing publications such as Hoot Suite and app-related publications like Business of Apps helped in gathering the age, gender, and income level of TikTok users in the US. However, the location of US TikTok users could not be found in these publications.
Next, we searched for any annual and quarterly reports by TikTok. This led to the revelation that it is owned by ByteDance. We then scoured annual reports by ByteDance. While their annual reports offered some relevant data on TikTok users, most of the information provided was specific to Asia, rather than North America or the US.
We proceeded to examine TikTok's website for any mention of this data. Its website only offered information on trending videos in the US. Nothing was offered on its US users. As a result, we used Google Trends as proxy.