TDS Telecommunications: Competitive Analysis 1
All requested details regarding TDS Telecommunications including its overview, digital marketing tactics, offers, messaging, differentiators, what customers like, and target market has been filled in rows 3-10 of the attached spreadsheet.
SUMMARY OF FINDINGS
- TDS Telecommunications was found in 1969 in Madison. It delivers TV entertainment, phone services, and high-speed internet services to its customers.
- The company offers free installation of internet service along with a 30-day money-back guarantee to its new customers. Additionally, it also provides a 2-year price lock offer for new customers.
- TDS Telecommunications is using social media, and blogs as their digital marketing tactic to connect with its customers, readers and prospects. They share their latest news, tips, and information using the two unique, and distinct blogs called TDS Connect Blog and TDS Connect Business Blog.
- TDS Telecommunications holds a 54% market share in broadband alone and a 33% market share of video.
- The company has been mentioned several times in Forbes lists, including Best Employers for Women, America's Best Employers For Diversity, and Best Large Employers.
- Through its marketing campaigns, TDS is sending a message for the installation of high-speed fiber-optic especially to villagers and also conveying that TDS is committed for providing its customers' superior speed internet both now and in the future.
- The company's target market is rural, suburban, and metropolitan communities across the US including California, and others.
- Its subscriber base size is more than 1.2 million along with 2,80,000 customers with TV, broadband, and phone service. The target market is a demographic mix of upper-middle-class residents.
- The customers of TDS Telecom like the customer service, speed, and ability to connect to several devices to the internet at a time.
We commenced our research by reviewing the official website of TDS Telecommunications including its press releases, and other sections along with several company analysis databases like Forbes, Stop The Cap, and Telecompetitor. Through this research, we were able to gather all requested information regarding the company overview, its digital marketing tactics, messages through campaigns, differentiators, target market and offers. To determine what customers like about TDS Telecommunications, we analyzed review sites and gathered the most common reviews to infer customer likings. After searching through all the above databases, we came to know that the target market is a demographic mix of upper-middle-class residents. However, there was no information available regarding age, education, and other demographic terms.
We then attempted to look for research publications, surveys, and case studies conducted on the company. We were hoping to get any relevant data on the consumer base of the company including gender, age or similar. Following the same, we searched through several research databases including Research Gate, Research Guides, Marketwatch, and others. Unfortunately, none of the databases focused on the consumer base and yielded non-relevant information since the majority of the databases focused on the financial market of the company.
As a last resort, we looked for the annual reports, investor relations reports of the company hoping to get any commentary or statistic on the customer base relating to the demographics. Unfortunately, no report mentioned any relevant insight. We also searched through several private companies' databases including Forbes, Statista, Investopedia, and others but either we got the same results as encountered previously or non-relevant information.