Innovation Consultancies in Singapore: Accenture and Whyinnovation!
Accenture and why innovation! are two vastly different consultancies in terms of overall scale, geographic reach and range of services, among other differences.
- Accenture is a global consulting organization that caters to over 40 industry and business function specialties and offers a broad range of services across its strategy, digital, technology, operations and consulting specialties.
- The company is also known for its size and strong investor performance, with fiscal year 2019 revenues increasing 8.5% to 43.2 billion, and the company delivering a 22% compound annual return to shareholders over the last five years.
- Notably, Accenture's global profile and scale are supported by over 492 thousand employees worldwide.
- Among their wide-ranging backgrounds and expertise across 13 industry groups, Accenture also prides itself on encouraging a diverse workforce and was recently ranked as the most diverse and inclusive company by Refinitiv.
- Even at the very top of the organization, the company's board of directors is composed of 42% women as well as representatives from six countries and four continents.
Clients & Countries
- Accenture's sizable and diverse employee base similarly serves a diverse array of clients, from a variety of industries and across more than 120 countries.
- Specifically, Accenture serves its global client base from offices located across 51 countries throughout Africa, Asia Pacific, Europe, the Middle East, North America and South America.
- These clients come from a wide array of industries, with client examples including entertainment company Carnival, coffee company Illycaffe, airline Avianca and financial markets technology firm Murex.
- Additionally, in most cases, Accenture's clients are similarly larger-scale, corporate organizations with an international footprint.
- Perhaps Accenture's greatest strength is the company's scale, with its sizable annual income, employee count and international presence enabling the company to have many simultaneous client engagements as well as tremendous reach across geographies.
- Additionally, the firm's diverse offerings by both service type and industry allow access to many different client types, and enable unique opportunities for cross-selling services or handling more complex projects as an all-in-one provider.
- Moreover, Accenture has established a prominent and positive reputation, with the company ranked as one of the "World's Most Admired Companies" for 17 consecutive years by Fortune, among other organizations.
- However, the company's strengths in some cases may also represent weaknesses.
- Specifically, the fact that the company is such a global player with such a broad array of offerings and experience may make it less competitive for clients who are looking for a niche provider with depth in one specific area, such as a particular industry, country, customer type or solution.
- Additionally, Accenture may struggle to develop the level of contact, personalization or intimate relationships that smaller boutique firms can create with clients, and may similarly miss opportunities for customers looking for a more customized experience with a smaller, more focused service provider.
- why innovation! is a boutique consulting firm that specializes in providing digital enterprise, agile adoption and innovation management services.
- The company delivers these services though teams constructed around consulting, coaching and training capabilities.
- Notably, why innovation! has a relatively shallow bench of consultants, with approximately 20 professionals in total.
- Overall, the company's employees have a background in software engineering, process innovation and change management.
- For example, why innovation!'s managing director, Yann Hamon, has over 20 years of experience in software engineering and innovation, as well as a PhD in artificial intelligence.
Clients & Countries
- why innovation! currently serves clients across Singapore, Hong Kong and Shanghai, with offices located in each city.
- However, the company also has somewhat of a global presence due to its work with some large, international organizations.
- In particular, a large portion of why innovation!'s clients are international, corporate banks such as AXA, Standard Chartered and BNP Paribas.
- Additionally, why innovation! appears to also serve corporations from a variety of other industries, including technology organization Symantec, transportation company ComfortDelGro and airline Cathay Pacific.
- In contrast to larger global consultancies, why innovation! has a significant advantage in its smaller scale and more focused suite of services.
- Specifically, due to its more limited focus on digital enterprise, agile adoption and innovation management services, why innovation! is well positioned to serve as a niche provider for companies who are looking for a true expert in one of these areas.
- Additionally, the company's relatively small team and flat management structure lends itself to a more personalized delivery of service, and may make the company more attractive to clients who are looking for a customized experience and/or access to the company's founder and CEO.
- However, the limited geographic footprint, scope of services and employee base may restrict the access that why innovation! has to different client opportunities.
- In particular, the very shallow bench of employees may make it difficult to pursue all relevant client opportunities when the team is fully utilized, and may also create challenges in shifting underutilized resources leaner times.