Senior Living Referral Industry: Top Players
As per info available in the public domain, the largest senior living referral companies in the United States include Always Best Senior Care, A Place For Mom, CarePatrol, Oasis Senior Advisors, and Caring.com. Unfortunately, there are no senior living referral industry-wide studies in the public domain, revealing the market shares of the most significant companies; neither are there reports with data of the industry's overall market size. In this research, we used the estimated annual revenues of these companies, as a proxy for the top players of the industry.
MOST SIGNIFICANT SENIOR LIVING REFERRAL INDUSTRY PLAYERS
- A May 2019 report by Home Health Care News observed that Always Best Senior Care was one of the largest US senior living home care companies.
- As per a report published on LinkedIn by Arthur Bretschneider, the CEO & Founder of Seniorly, some of the largest senior living referral companies in the United States included A Place For Mom, CarePatrol, Oasis Senior Advisors, Assisted Living Locators, and Always Best Senior Care.
- According to Arthur Bretschneider's LinkedIn report, a significant piece of the US Senior Living Referral sector "comprises small agencies, often with only one agent." This report also observed that the industry was largely not regulated, which is an indication of the difficulty in determining the overall market size or top players, based on the percentage of shares they controlled in the industry.
TOP PLAYERS (AS PER AVAILABLE ESTIMATED ANNUAL REVENUES)
- According to a May 2019 report by Home Health Care News, Always Best Senior Care's annual revenues hit US$149 million.
- A Place For Mom has estimated annual revenues of US$55 million, according to CrunchBase.
- CarePatrol has $26M in estimated annual revenue, as per data by CrunchBase.
- A 2018 report by Franchise Rankings observed that Oasis Senior Advisors has estimated annual revenues above US$10 million.
- Caring.com's estimated yearly revenue is US$7.6 million, according to data by CrunchBase.
- Thus, based on publicly available revenue estimates, the top five players in the US senior living referral industry are Always Best Senior Care, A Place For Mom, CarePatrol, Oasis Senior Advisors, and Caring.com. Unfortunately, there are yet industry-wide market size studies in the public domain to calculate the market shares of these companies.
We began by researching industry-wide reports or studies with insights into the market size of the US senior living referral industry. Through this investigation, we hoped to identify reports revealing the most significant companies in the sector based on market shares. Unfortunately, such info was not available in the public domain. Instead, we located studies relevant to the general senior living landscape in the US by CLA Connect and others, but there was no data specific to the senior living referral sector.
Therefore, we switched strategies to find reports by trusted media portals with insights into the senior living referral industry. We hoped to discover reports, which provided data relevant to the overall size of the industry, followed by the revenues of the most significant players of the sector so that we could calculate the required market share data. For this, we researched directories like Forbes, CNBC, Business Insider, PR Newswire, and others. Still, there was data in the public domain pertinent to the most significant companies in the US senior living referral market based on market shares. However, this investigation yielded reports by LinkedIn, PR Newswire, Home Health Care News, RedPoint VC (published on Medium), and others that highlighted the largest companies in the US senior living referral industry. Also, the report by LinkedIn observed that a large section of the industry comprised of small players and that it was not properly regulated, which was an indication for the lack of detailed market reports of the industry in the public domain.
Hence, due to the lack of data in the public domain specific to the most significant players of the US senior living referral industry based on market shares, we investigated the estimated annual revenues of the companies identified to be among the largest of the industry. Then, we used the same as a proxy for ranking the top five companies in the industry. Please, note that, as per our research, these companies are privately-held companies, meaning that they are not obligated to disclose their financial information. Thus, why we used data by 3rd-party company intelligence platforms like CrunchBase, PrivCo, and others for finding their estimated yearly income.