Personalized Diet and Nutrition Plan Key Players
Personalized diet and nutrition plans mainly come to play in that different individuals require different needs in terms of nutrition, genetic make-up, and lifestyle choices. It has become a current trend for individuals to consult other diet experts on the same. The focus of this research is to identify these experts and key players and clearly show their expertise and products that they present.
1. Habit Food Personalized.
- Habit food provides personalized diet plans based on blood test lab results. These tests are mainly through an at-home test kit that can be purchased online. From these results, they come up with a viable quantity of various food intake values and an ideal plate or personalized recipes.
- Also, Habit Food recently launched a nutrition plan mobile app to remotely guide a vast majority of clients on eating habits to suit their dietary needs. The app guides both home cooking and outdoor dining.
- Habit Food is one of the key players, as seen from the Global Personalized Retail Nutrition market report. Habit Food Personalized's overall market size expected to reach USD 50 Billion by the year 2025.
2. Nima Labs Inc.
- Nima Labs has manufactured a testing kit for gluten and peanut to enable consumers to avoid those foods, in case they are required to do so. This requirement may be due to allergic reactions, gluten-free health requirements, and personal reasons.
- Nima Labs uses antibody chemistry and sensor algorithm, among other things to create the tester for these parameters.
- Nima is one of the key players in this sector as it has since closed a $9.2 million in funding led by Foundry Group for its operation resulting in a total of $14 million in their fund basket.
- Nima Labs also features as one of the market drivers in the Retail Nutrition market report that indicates that the market size is foreseen to reach 50 Billion USD by 2025.
3. Atlas Biomed Group Ltd
- Atlas Biomed Group Ltd is a personalized diet and nutrition key player that uses data retrieved from a person's DNA and microbiome technology to give the client a disease risk assessment and advice on personalized food recommendations on weekly basis.
- The main goal of Atlas is to increase healthy bacteria in a person's gut while reducing disease risk factors.
- Atlas is a key player in this sector and it has seen tremendous growth recently to the extent of expanding its operations in DNA and microbiome testing to Canada and the European market in June 2019.
4. Royal DSM
- This Dutch multinational mainly specializes in the formulation of dietary supplements, nutrition bars and beverages based on data on daily habits, various biomarkers, and genes pool. They seek to support healthier living and healthy aging, through proper nutrition and dieting.
- Royal DSM is one of the key players in this sector as seen from its growth in the just-ended financial year.
- From its annual report, for the financial year ending 2018, DSM has managed a 6% organic topline growth in addition to EBITDA. This growth shows how well it has expanded as one of the key players in the nutritional plan sector.
- DSM has also found recognition from Fortune Change the World List and got high rankings on ESG Benchmarks.
- Mixfit employs an intelligent nutrition assistant to guide an individual on the best meal practices and nutrition to follow to achieve a healthier body. The artificial intelligence algorithm; Mina, calculates an individual nutrient need based on their diet and activity level.
- Also, Mixfit has developed an app that offers guidance on nutritional needs on a real-time basis.
- Mixfit is one of the key players as witnessed in its collaboration with the Royal DSM to create a nutritional assistant application that uses Artificial Intelligence.
To carry out this research, I did an extensive analysis of data and information from various nutrition-based reports, articles published by trusted media outlets and key stakeholders in the healthcare and personal wellness arena. It was evident that there are many players in the field of personalized diet and nutrition plan globally though the focus was mainly on the major key players.
I was able to triangulate information on some global companies that had taken influence from their country of establishment and surpassed to expand to other parts of the globe. I first looked at the start-ups and trends in the personalized diet sector then went ahead to investigate the expansion and growth of those particular players in the sector by checking market reports and financials. I also checked their following and funding thereafter.