Lincoln Electric is a global manufacturer of welding products, arc welding equipment, cutting equipment, and robotic welding systems. The company's 2019 annual revenue was $3.011 billion.
Company Overview and Products
- Lincoln Electric is a global leader in the manufacturing, design, and development of welding products, arc welding equipment, robotic welding systems, plasma, and oxy-fuel cutting equipment. Its headquarters is in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Lincoln Electric has about 60 manufacturing locations.
- The company's products include welding equipment, cutting equipment, gear & tools, accessories, welding wire, flux & rods, guns & torches, automated welding & cutting systems, training equipment for educators, weld fume control, orbital welding systems, and automation systems solutions.
- Lincoln Electric also offers welding training and welding safety training.
- The company's annual revenue for 2019 was $3.011 billion.
- Lincoln Electric's featured products have a wide range of prices, from $36.82 and $4,856.00.
- On Amazon, Lincoln Electric's best-selling welding products cost between $168.54 and $21,000. The most expensive of these is the Engine Driven Welder, while the lowest in price is a Drive Roll Kit.
Perception of Quality
- The general customer sentiment on Lincoln Electric's products is positive, customers believe that Lincoln products last longer. Many customers who gave their feedback on Amazon after buying the company's products perceive them as of superior quality.
- One customer who bought a Multi-Process Welder said, "THIS machine is a wise investment...not some junk that will break after a couple months with pathetic delays getting the problem taken care of..."
- Another customer who bought a Lincoln Electric Powermig said, "Just a great welder works perfectly my Old Lincoln welder lasted 26 years so I replaced it with this Lincoln Powermig 210 out of the box first weld was perfect".
- The company has 1,010,823 followers and 1,018,067 likes on Facebook. The company's posts include welders, their work and equipment they use.
- On Twitter, the company has 32,300 followers. The company's posts include welders, their work and equipment they use. Lincoln Electric also posts about welding safety measures.
- On Instagram, the company has 177,000 followers and it posts photos of welders, their work, and equipment they use.
- On LinkedIn, the company has 57,156 followers. It posts about their products, events, seminars, and welders and their work.
Monthly Website Traffic
- According to SimilarWeb, the company's website has an average of 374,510 visits per month.
To find the marketing budget information with a focus on digital marketing, our initial approach was to search through the website of Lincoln Electric and its social media pages such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram. Here, we were able to determine the company's description, products, and services. We were unable to determine the marketing budget through this strategy.
Next, we scoured through the company's annual reports, white papers, blogs, and newsroom to determine its marketing budget. Although we found information on revenue using this strategy, we could not identify the company's marketing budget through this strategy.
We also searched through third party reports and articles such as CNN, PRNewswire, Business News Daily, Forbes among others. Here, information available was mainly about the company description and revenue, but we could not retrieve the marketing budget through this strategy.
Furthermore, we attempted to triangulate this data. We reasoned that if we could find the sum of expenses and the percentage spend on marketing, we could then find the marketing budget for Lincoln Electric. We searched through for this on the company's website, annual reports, media publication and reports such as PRNewswire and Business News Daily. This strategy was also not fruitful as we were not able to find enough data for triangulation.