Competitive Landscape - Fairmatic and Hippo
Fairmatic was founded in 2019 while Hippo was founded in 2015. Detailed information on these companies' founding dates, products they offer, partnerships formed, the strategies they used to enter the insurance market, and the public perception of them has been entered on this attached spreadsheet.
- Fairmatic was founded in 2019.
- Fairmatic offers a mobile software that measures how safely a person is driving based on factors like speeding, hard turns, and phone usage.
- Notable clients include: AmWINS, American Business Insurance Services, Brush Creek Partners, AON, G2, and Marsh.
- Hippo was founded in 2015.
- Hippo offers policies that automate coverage of homes and possessions that consumers own such as electronics and home office equipment.
- Hippo partners with Topa Insurance Company who underwrites its policies in Arizona, California, Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, and Utah.
In order to provide the required information for Fairmatic and Hippo, we searched through these companies' websites, LinkedIn profiles, and business review websites. While we were able to find a bulk of the information needed on this site, we were unable to find public sentiments on Fairmatic. We searched through the company's Facebook and Twitter pages, where we found numerous posts by the company, but did not find any comment under their posts.
We then searched through review websites such as ConsumersAdvocate, Trust Pilot, and Reddit where we did not find any comment about this company. Our next strategy was to search through app stores such as Google Play, APK Pure, Appstore, and others. Although we found ratings for the Fairmatic app on some of these websites, no comments were left by users.
Finally, we tried to triangulate this information by getting insights from its parent companies, FairCo and Zendrive. This was also not possible as there was no mention of Fairmatic on their websites and social media pages. We concluded that this information is not publicly available because Fairmatic was launched this year and is not yet popular.