Enchantment Competitive Analysis
Google My Business and Yelp allows business owners to upload videos. Thumbtack allows business owners to add video links. The required information has been populated in the attached spreadsheet.
Google My Business
- Google My Business gives business owners the ability to upload videos about their businesses for customers to view. The videos should not be more than 30 seconds long.
- The ability for users to add videos started in January 2018.
- Business owners can upload videos of under 2 minutes. The video should be less than 500MB.
- The platform provides tools to create and upload videos. Links to videos do not work.
- Videos should be high resolution, 20MB or less.
- The platform does not provide tools to create, edit, and upload videos but it does allow uploading of video links.
- ShareMySpace does not appear to have a video sharing option.
To find the dates video uploading feature was added on the platforms, we first searched through media articles and publications such as Search Engine Land and Business Insider, PRNewswire, and others. We hoped to find information that could help us determine when these features were added on the platforms. This strategy was partially successful as we were able to find the dates for Yelp and Google My Business, but no useful information was available for Thumbtack.
Our next approach was to try to find this information on the company's website, press releases and social media pages. We hoped to find any information that could help us determine when the feature was introduced on the platform. Although we found information about video tools on the platform, no information on dates was available.
Our next strategy was to look for relevant information in industry reports, analysis, and articles from websites like Technavio, IBISWorld, and Research and Markets. However, with this strategy, we were not able to find any information that was relevant to the research criteria as a large portion of the reports and articles found only contained general information in regard to Thumbtack.
As a last resort, we searched for this information on users' feedback and review sites such as Trust Pilot, Consumer Affairs, Site Jabber, and others. We hoped to find feedback and reviews about this feature to help us determine when the feature was introduced. This strategy was not successful because most of the feedback was about the quality of services offered by the platform.