Electronic Sensor Companies 2
Two additional companies that integrate electronic sensors into metal structures are Luna Innovations and Opsens Solutions. Details regarding these companies have been provided in rows 6 and 7 of the attached spreadsheet. Below is a summary of the key findings.
Summary of Findings
- In 2018, Luna Innovations partnered with Fabrisonic to create 3D printed smart structures.
- The two companies will focus on integrating sensors into important 3D printed parts so that data from inside the components can be analyzed.
- Luna Innovations had revenue of $42.9 million in 2018.
- In 2019, Opsens Solutions won a tender from ElectroKinetic Solutions for supplying over 100 fiber optic sensors.
- The sensors will be used in a new dewatering process.
While we found most of the information, we could not find data regarding Opsens Solution's annual profit. We first looked at company resources such as annual reports and the company website. However, these sources only provided revenue information. We then looked at media platforms such as Forbes, Business Wire, and CNBC but these websites did not provide any information or news regarding Opsens Solutions. Therefore, we attempted to look at data aggregators such as Owler and Crunchbase. However, these sites only provided revenue information and funding details of the company. For these reasons, we concluded that the information is not available in the public domain.