Companies Attending Black Hat Conference: Part 1
Abnormal Security, with booth number IC2200 during the Black Hat USA 2019, is an information technology and services company located in Clearwater, FL. It has 446 employees on LinkedIn. We input the rest of the requested information—the LinkedIn profile of each of the company listed on rows 4 to 54, its website, the industry it belongs to, its location, and its number of employees on LinkedIn—in the spreadsheet attached.
Below are some highlights of our findings:
- AlienVault is now AT&T CyberSecurity. It is located in San Mateo, CA, and has 374 employees on LinkedIn.
- Claranet and NotSoSecure, both information and technology services companies and both located in England, share the same booth, booth number 2228, in the coming Black Hat USA 2019. Claranet has 1,758 employees on LinkedIn while NotSoSecure has 35.
- Accenture is one of the two companies that will have its own lounge during the Black Hat Conference; the other is IBM. Accenture's headquarters is in Dublin, Ireland, and it has 408,984 employees on LinkedIn.
- Active Countermeasures, a computer & network security company based in Spearfish, SD, has eight employees on LinkedIn.
- Akamai is an internet company based in Cambridge, MA, and has 7,099 employees on LinkedIn.
For the majority of the requested information, we found them on each of the company's official LinkedIn profiles. However, for Alibaba Security Response Center, Aon's Cyber Solutions, and Cloakware by Irdeto, we entered the information of the main/parent company. For example, Alibaba Security Response Center is the "point of contact of Alibaba security," and we could not find a specific LinkedIn profile for this department, so we entered the information of the Alibaba Group on the corresponding row in the spreadsheet, except for the website column where we entered both the main company's website and the department's website. We did the same thing for Aon's Cyber Solutions and Cloakware by Irdeto.
For Arsenal (row 22) and Career Zone Lounge + Photo Booth (row 43), we put N/A in their corresponding rows in the spreadsheet because these two are not exhibitors. The arsenal is a location by the event organizer where the open-source community and researchers can showcase their open-source products and tools through live demonstrations. Career Zone Lounge + Photo Booth is another booth by the event organizer where companies can connect with top-level talent in the security space and where attendees can have their photos taken by a professional photographer.