Belairdirect (insurance) in Canada
Aviva, Desjardins Group, and the Co-Operators Group provide comprehensive home and auto insurance coverage for its customers.
HOME AND AUTO INSURANCE
- Aviva provides comprehensive home insurance coverage in which the policy covers fire, explosion, theft, vandalism, damage from falling objects, lightning, hail and windstorm damage, and certain types of water damage. The coverage can extend to structures on the customer’s property, belongings, personal liability, and living expenses.
- Aviva also provides policy add-ons for home insurance such as water protection, service line, ID theft, claim protector, home protect bundle, and claim prevent.
- The standard auto insurance coverage from Aviva covers injury, death, property damage to others, healthcare costs, and loss of income for the customer and his/her family. Aviva provides exceptional savings through discounts for bundling home and auto insurance policies, retired customers, insuring more than one vehicle, and maintaining a clean driving experience with no convictions.
- Aviva also provides policy add ons for auto insurance such as ride-sharing insurance, temporary vehicle replacement, conviction protector, collision protection, comprehensive coverage, disappearing deductible, and accident forgiveness.
- Aviva has uniquely positioned itself as a large-scale composite in many countries, and their strong financial position, resilience, and diversity give them a competitive advantage.
- The capital surplus of the company equates to a coverage ratio of 194%, which is above their working range of 160-180% and also provides financial flexibility and the capacity to accelerate growth.
- Aviva focuses on a select number of markets and business lines where the company has scale and profitability, and this also provides them with a competitive advantage.
- The company uses multiple channels such as television, radio, and print media to promote its products to different segments.
- Aviva has formed strategic partnerships with local partners to penetrate country-specific markets.
- The company engages with brand ambassadors such as tennis player Milos Raonic and the Toronto Maple Leafs in Canada to promote their campaigns.
- Ovation is a TV commercial from Aviva that features their travel insurance policy which is also called Ovation. The company uses the phrase, "Insurance that puts clients first" to promote its products.
- Aviva's "Burst pipe?" is a 15-second TV spot that features Freddie from the Maple Leafs hockey team.
HOME AND AUTO INSURANCE
- Home insurance from Desjardins covers customers' homes and belongings against things like fire, theft, and vandalism. According to its website, the company covers most accidents that could damage property and ones that people don't usually think about when buying insurance.
- The insurance policy also covers additional living expenses in the event of an insured loss, like a fire or water damage.
- An auto insurance policy from Desjardins provides third party liability, collision or upset, comprehensive coverage, accident benefits, uninsured automobile coverage, family protection, and direct compensation property damage.
- Desjardins also provides policy add-ons for auto insurance such as 5-year new vehicle protection, trouble-free option, liability for damage to non-owned automobiles, transportation replacement, $0 deductible, and accident-free protection.
- The company is considered Canada's second-largest property and casualty insurer and has a strong financial position and insurance operations.
- The company is expanding through acquisitions, and it has improved geographic diversification of earnings and risk while providing a competitive advantage of scale and strengthening its position on the Canadian market.
- Desjardins is increasing its reach into technology to meet rising consumer expectations and potential competitive threats from smaller financial technology firms.
- Desjardins wants to rely more on local media platforms as part of its programmatic advertising approach as opposed to depending on social media, to support local companies to maintain a healthy local, regional and national media ecosystem and also to create a positive image among the local communities.
- "Ajusto" is a 15-second TV spot that features Desjardins's auto insurance plan.
- "Second Job" is a 15-second TV spot that features its auto insurance plan for young car owners.
HOME AND AUTO INSURANCE
- Co-Operators home insurance policies offer coverage which includes quick and fair in-house claims expertise, and convenient payment options, including online payment and monthly plans.
- The company offers three home insurance plans called Prestige Plus, Prestige, and Classic based on the value of the property.
- Co-Operators' auto insurance policies offer coverage which include liability benefits, accident benefits, uninsured automobiles, and direct compensation property damage.
- Their value-added options includes comprehensive coverage and policy add-ons such as accident forgiveness, family protection endorsement.
- Co-Operators' strong capital position and strategy, strong co-operative governance, meaningful relationships with its member organizations, and a well-known reputation regarding its operations give them a unique competitive advantage.
- The company uses multiple channels such as television, and print media to promote its products to different segments.
- The company implements buyer personas and journey mapping to understand its customers and do things right and healthy for their clients and communities.
- The company also organizes brand campaigns to get closer to the communities and people.
- "Water Damage Insurance" is a 15-second TV spot that features an animated video on their water damage insurance program.