Boutique Hotel Competitive Analysis-Melbourne
The competitive advantage of Notel, Ovolo Laneways, and QT Melbourne in Melbourne Australia is in their designs, package plans, VIP movie nights, host artist markets, goodie markets, sober dances, and the number of hotels. The requested information is provided in the attached spreadsheet.
- The architecture design of NOTEL is a collection of six 1970s caravans in a car park.
- The hotel has in-room HP Sprocket photo printer to print visitor's rooftop moments. The facility also has nine holes at Holey Moley Golf Club, free Wi-Fi, Netflix, and a virtual concierge via in-room iPad Pro.
- NOTEL offers sustainably sourced coffee from First Press Coffee, complimentary mini-bar, and snacks from friends of NOTEL.
- The facility also hosts artist markets, VIP movie nights, goodie markets, and sober dance parties.
- Ovolo Laneways has sleek contemporary rooms.
- The hotel has dimly lit floors and brightly lit doors and illuminated art.
- The penthouse suite comes with a rooftop jacuzzi. Premium suites come with jukeboxes and punchbag with punching gloves.
- The hotel has no bars or restaurants on site but has a free minibar on each of the rooms.
- Ovolo Laneways has a number of hotels within and outside the country.
- QT Melbourne features neon sculptures, talking lifts, and video wall art. The rooms have ceiling concrete, graffiti rugs, and wallpaper lined wardrobes.
- The facility has an outdoor swimming pool and a fitness center.
- The entrance has a soaring ceiling and wood panels and marble.
- QT Melbourne has a restaurant called Pascale, which is also a bar. The hotel has a rooftop garden where they feature the products on the menu.
- The hotel has voucher packages such as Sunday Escape package, QT Life package experience, QT Deluxe King Room, QT Executive King Room, and QT Corner King Room.
The research team started by exploring sites such as Global GrasshopPer, and Timeout, and boutique hotels in Melbourne. Using the three sources, we cross-referenced them with each other and picked the three most common hotels and with the highest rating. Then using the hotels' websites, we used the information to fill the spreadsheet. Competitive advantage was what other hotels did not have, in terms of features, services packages and, so on.