Acoustic Competitive Landscape-Part 1
Acoustic is a platform focused entirely on marketers, SAS offers technology solutions for data analysis, and Salesforce is a cloud-platform that offers solutions for small, large, and midsize businesses. More information regarding these companies is provided below.
- Acoustic is the largest independent marketing cloud headquartered in New York, NY that offers custom solutions on its open ecosystem platform. Its technology is recognized and AI-based, and is focused exclusively on marketers.
- The company, formerly known as IBM's Watson Marketing, has been renamed as a standalone company called Acoustic in July 2019.
- The company offers key Cross-Channel Campaign Management (CCCM) services: campaign automation, such as email and mobile messaging, customer relationship management and analysis, and content management and recognition.
- Acoustic works with over 3,500 brands, including Fortune 500 companies and startups, in more than 70 countries. (Source 3)
- Its open privacy platform ecosystem first connects, dissects, and analyzes data from internal and external sources, providing marketers with valuable information through a streamlined process.
- Acoustic has selected some products from the IBM Watson Marketing portfolio, including Campaign Automation (formerly Silverpop), Media Optimizer, Tealeaf CX, and Universal Behavior Exchange.
- Acoustic's first major promotional event (Acoustic Launch Event) will be held on October 3, 2019, in New York. Its new products and features will be demonstrated firsthand at a series of lectures, followed by a cocktail.
- The company has been legitimized since July 2019 and began giving official notes and interviews between August and September. As such, major marketing and outreach campaigns are yet to come, starting with the company's official launch party.
TOP LINE MESSAGING COMPARISONS
- Acoustic's top line messages revolve around two main issues: the fact that its technology is the first that offers a human character to the technical work of a marketer, empathizing with this audience, and also the fact that they are the largest marketing cloud in the world.
- In an interview with AdWeek, Acoustic CEO Mark Simpson said: "Instead of treating our company as a technology company and looking at the size of things, we want to bring humanity and art back to marketing, understand what your customers need and demand from them and help them make themselves heard in the marketplace. "
- Another recurring top line message from the company is about the importance of listening. It promises to build its technology by listening to key customers — marketers.
- SAS is a company that offers technological solutions for data analysis as a way to guide complex business decisions.
- Its products address an extensive list of analytic solutions, such as AI and machine learning, advanced analytics, IoT, customer intelligence, data management, cloud, fraud and security intelligence, and management and operations with analytics.
- SAS has customers in 147 countries and its software is installed on over 83,000 sites. The company has 13,939 employees worldwide, and its headquarters are located in Cary, NC.
- A striking feature of SAS is the range of customers the company has, ranging from small and medium business to large enterprises, including 92 of the top 100 Fortune Global 1000 companies of 2018.
- In mid-2018, when the brand structure was revised, SAS released a series of commercial videos that began with a question. The videos were very successful and were first released at the 2018 SAS Global Forum Opening Session.
- Another major SAS marketing initiative was the launch of a book about the brand story in 2018. It tells the story of the company, where they came from and where they intend to reach. It is intended to read by employees, SAS fans, and agency partners to help them learn more about the brand.
TOP LINE MESSAGING COMPARISONS
- SAS turns its top line messaging around simple, straightforward phrases, such as "We're the best at analytics."
- The top line messaging on the company's website argues that data can become intelligent if there is a process behind it. It does not discuss the quality of technology or talk about specific features, but reiterates that the company's role is to "transform a data world into a world of intelligence."
- Social responsibility, competence and team values are always cited throughout their website.
- The company was founded in 1999 and it created the idea of "replacing traditional desktop CRM software with cloud CRM, with access anytime, anywhere." Today, it is a cloud platform and the world's leading CRM solution.
- It has several awards, including # 1 on the World's Best Places to Work List, it was listed in Fortune “100 Best Companies to Work for” for 10 years in a row, and was ranked # 1 on the Best Places to Work list, according to Indeed in 2018.
- The company offers CRM solutions for small, medium and large businesses in the areas of sales (Sales Cloud Essentials, IA, CPQ), customer service, marketing, digital commerce, apps and engagement, platforms and ecosystems, analytics, integration, industries, community, empowerment, and communication.
- Salesforce's global headquarters are located in San Francisco, CA, but have dozens of offices on several continents.
- Some company's clients are Adidas, Cargill, AWS, among the thousands of companies that have their software installed.
- One of Salesforce's top marketing initiative case study was in the UK. At the time, the company was having a lot of campaign issues and losing customers, so it decided to revise its entire content marketing strategy and started producing very funny videos to teach basic marketing and sales topics, created the world's first stopmotion slide share, and produced a movie with a real customer case. As a result, there was a 2500% increase in the company's social media traffic.
TOP LINE MESSAGING COMPARISONS
- Salesforce top messaging focuses around how many services are centralized in a single company, and how they connect. In short, Salesforce announces that its software suite encompasses all the business management technology pillars, from early research to boosting sales.
- "Salesforce is a customer relationship management solution that brings companies and customers together. It's an integrated CRM platform that gives all your departments — including marketing, sales, commerce, and service — a single, shared view of every customer."
- It uses big sentences and there is no mystery, everything is literal.
- The company is insistent on words like "trust" and "values", and it gives a lot of credit to the company environment, the team spirit among employees, and the quality of work climate.