SWOT - TMP
TMP Worldwide’s SWOT analysis revealed the company’s strength through global position, acquisition, and its reputation. TMP’s weaknesses were mainly rooted in a lack of good personnel practices. It faces threat from competitors as well as changing candidacy behaviors. The details are below.
- TMP Worldwide is a global company with a large market share. The company has locations in several countries, including the United States, Canada, Germany, France, England, India, Singapore, and Brazil.
- In addition, the company has affiliates in other countries across the world.
- TMP Worldwide acquired Maximum in October 2019. Maximum is a marketing recruitment technology company that has its base in the Netherlands.
- With the acquisition of Maximum, TMP Worldwide enhanced its capabilities in technology and product marketing.
- Maximum software suite greatly complements that of TMP’S career site TalentBrew as well as the recruitment marketing platform.
- The company acquired four companies in 2019, all of which added differing capabilities strengthening TMP’s competencies.
- A recognized and reputable global leader in talent acquisition technologies. The company is well-known for its ability to deliver forward-thinking excellence to its high-profile clients.
- The company also has highly competent executives, for example, Diane Evans the company’s Human Resource Vice President who has over 30 years of experience in the field.
- TMP’s United Kingdom location has also won four recruitment marketing awards in 2019.
- TMP sometimes struggles with the lengths in time it takes to get on board and learn industry best practices.
- TMP has been criticized for the company’s lack of personnel practices. Employees have complained that there is a dearth of growth opportunities, effective management, as well as inadequate training.
- TMP Worldwide suffers from a high turnover of lower-level employees.
- TMP Worldwide has made a significant commitment to growing its Business Development Team worldwide.
- Appointments were made for new business directors in various locations, including San Francisco, Waltham, London.
- The new business development team will create opportunities for TMP Worldwide in developing and building relationships with other companies.
- It will also solve client's challenges and in so doing help fuel the company’s growth.
- TMP Worldwide has many competitors, their top three competitors include Smiashfly, Talemetry, and Jibe.
- Other competitors include Phenom People, Icims, Harger Howe, and Nas Recruitment.
- The changing workforce will result in changes in the talent market. New candidate behaviors will, therefore, need to be accounted for.
- TMP Worldwide will need to constantly adapt and raise its creativity level as fast as candidate behavior changes.