Heber Valley, Utah - Digital Marketing Techniques
Heber Valley is using websites such as skiutah.com, utah.com, and ksl.com to promote the city's tourism.
1. HEBER VALLEY
- The digital ads of Heber Valley are posted on sites such as skiutah, utah, and ksl.
- The city also uses social media such as Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube for campaigns. Its target audience majorly includes residents of Utah (Wasatch front), California (L.A. County and Orange County), and Texas (Dallas metro area).
- For its Winter Wonderland campaign, the city used digital and social ads.
- The city also created a vacation giveaway package which was promoted via digital advertising from the synergy created by Fox 13.
- Heber Valley Chamber of Commerce, an organization that aims to enhance the prosperity and quality of life for businesses and residents in the Heber Valley area, uses Facebook for promoting its tourism.
2. SOUTH OGDEN
- The city uses strategical advertising for Visit Ogden, the official visitor center of Ogden, through a hyper-targeted, multi-media approach that includes digital advertising.
- The city’s campaign, “Notoriously Independent”, used digital advertising with a focus on video and visual marketing.
- Ogden is utilizing digital marketing co-op opportunities to generate additional exposure for the community and revenue for Visit Ogden.
- South Ogden uses social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for promoting its city's tourism.
- The city’s Facebook video efforts resulted in 440,575 impressions and its Instagram page had more than 10,000 followers in 2017.
- South Ogden Chamber of Commerce uses Facebook for promoting its city's tourism.
3. WEST HAVEN
- West Haven's city mayor is promoting residency to the city by using social media channels such as Twitter.
- A tweet made by the city's mayor on 24 Sep 2019: “Attention, business owners! When new residents move into West Haven City, they receive a swag bag”.
- The city is using Twitter for promoting visitors to the city.
- “Tonight @bluffdalecity park. Come early for games and food!”.
- “Have a safe and wonderful New Year! @bluffdalecity will be closed on January 1st. Be the first to visit us in 2018 on January 2nd!”.
Despite an extensive search, the digital marketing techniques used by Heber Valley and South Ogden to promote residency to the cities and the digital marketing techniques used by West Haven and Bluffdale to promote people visiting the cities and residency is not available. The following research strategies were deployed to identify the information.
Our first attempt was to search for the information on campaign databases to find case studies. Effie, Warc, Creative Brief, etc. are some of the sources we examined. These sources did not contain anything relevant to what we were looking for. Next, we checked the cities' official tourism website to find data about their marketing campaigns and their goals. This strategy worked to an extent, as we were able to find information on the digital marketing campaigns of Heber Valley and South Ogden. However, we couldn't trace anything regarding West Haven and Bluffdale on their sites.
Subsequently, we scanned third-party ad databases such as Adweek and Adage. But, after a comprehensive search, we found nothing relevant. As our last resort, we wanted to check if the cities have entered into paid partnerships with ad agencies. For this, we checked city-specific websites and local media publications. The idea here was to see how the partnerships were used to run digital ads. However, nothing substantial was found.