Competitive Analysis: Klaviyo
Klaviyo has been in business for seven years and has more than 15,000 customers and 17 corporate clients (companies with 500-1000 employees). 63% of Klaviyo's market is in the United States. This spreadsheet and the research brief below provide further details of our findings.
- Klaviyo was founded in 2012 and has been in business for the past seven years.
- The company has over 15,000 customers and generates a revenue of $100 million, annually.
- Here's a link to their website.
NUMBER OF CORPORATE CLIENTS
- Klaviyo has 17 corporate clients.
- Twillory, Marine Layer, Shinesty, Taft, and Bearbrand are some of the biggest clients of Klaviyo.
TARGET GEOGRAPHIC AREA
- 63% of Klaviyo customers are in the United States.
- Majority of their customers are in the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia
- Klaviyo targets businesses of every size, from entrepreneurs to iconic brands.
- Based on data from Enlyft, Klaviyo's largest market is in the retail industry, with 926 companies followed by apparel & fashion with 611 companies.
- Other industries that use Klaviyo include consumer goods, health, wellness & fitness, wholesale, food & beverages, restaurants, cosmetics, furniture, and consumer electronics industries.
- Klaviyo makes the process of pulling in data from an e-commerce platform, point-of-sale software, and other marketing tools.
- Klaviyo was designed specifically to pull in data from all the tools used to drive e-commerce businesses.
- It enables easy and fast integrations with popular e-commerce platforms such as Shopify, ShopifyPlus, Magento, BigCommerce, and Woo Commerce.
- Klaviyo makes email content creation easy.
ONLINE/DIGITAL MARKETING PRESENCE
- Klaviyo's website had 1,550,000 total visits as of May 2019 from desktop & mobile web.
- Countries that contribute the most website traffic for Klaviyo's website include the US (36.88%) followed by the UK with 10.88%.
- Klaviyo is active on social media platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, WhatsApp, LinkedIn, and Reddit, and they contribute 2.6% of Klaviyo's website traffic.
- The company uses platforms such as Facebook and Twitter to post announcements, current events, company news, and new product features.
- Klaviyo is more actively posting on its Twitter account (5,195 tweets), to promote its brand awareness strategy.
- Klaviyo's online contact details are available on the company website and social media platforms.
- The company also has designated contact forms for customer queries, available on the website.
- Klaviyo's YouTube channel has 523 subscribers and 61 videos. Most of their uploaded videos reveal their newest features and business insights.
- Of Klaviyo's 61 videos on YouTube, 13 were uploaded four weeks ago.
Most of the requested data points were available on Klaviyo's website, and your research team's strategy was straightforward except in obtaining Klaviyo's revenue, target geographic area, target customers, and online/digital marketing presence. The team had to use some third-party websites like SimilarWeb, ZoomInfo, and Enlyft, to address and provide all the requested data thoroughly. The team considered Klaviyo's corporate clients as companies with 500-1000 employees.