Competitive Price Monitoring Companies
This study examines the largest competitive price monitoring companies in the United States. The prominent companies based on total revenue are Numerator, Vendavo, PriceSpider, Revionics and Price Edge.
- Numerator is a leading provider of omnichanel research insights. It is headquartered in Chicago and has 1, 400 employees.
- The company uses ominichannel purchase data and comprehensive path data to provide the best analysis of consumer shopping and purchasing experiences.
- In addition to advanced analystics, Numerator offers a price monitoring solution (Numerator Pricing Intel). The programme boosts companies' pricing strategy and is fully automated.
- Programmes developed by Numerator can alert clients of price changes which improves pricing decisions.
- Numerator's annual revenue is $1.2 billion.
- Vendavo is based in Denver, Colorado.
- The company provides the Vendavo Commercial Excellence platform which provides companies better customer insights and optimal pricing policies.
- Consequently, companies using this platform maximize profit margins, sales effectiveness and improve customer experience.
- Vendavo acquired the Swedish company Navetti in 2018. This acquisition has allowed Vendavo to provide more services such as strategic price management, data sourcing, cost management and cloud-based reporting.
- Annually, the company's revenue is at least $50 million.
- PriceSpider is a retail data and technology company that offers detailed analysis about consumer's purchasing habits.
- It is located in Irvine, California.
- The company uses advanced technology that collects large data sets from e-commerce stores to monitor consumer's buying patterns.
- There are several benefits of using PriceSpider's technology. Firstly, PriceSpider's services help to maintain brand integrity across online platforms and increase conversions.
- Annually, PriceSpider collects revenue of $35 million.
- Revionics helps retail companies gain competitive edge by managing and optimizing their pricing, promotions and markdowns. It is headquartered in Austin, Texas.
- The company uses cloud-based SaaS (software as a service) solutions and machine learning analytics to improve return on investment.
- Leverage analytics help to improve competitive positioning and pricing to achieve strategic goals.
- Machine learning analytics used by Revionics are used to monitor price adjustments which helps to achieve strategic goals.
- Revionics' annual revenue is $28 million.
5. PRICE EDGE
- Price Edge is a price monitoring company in Palo Alto, California.
- The company's principle is that the pricing software should not stipulate how the user works. Instead, the user should have control over the programme.
- Consequently, the company offers various programmes to meet customers' needs. For example, the Price Edge™ software allows the user to deploy price crawlers and collect competitor's prices over time.
- Programmes made by Price Edge allow management to take informed actions and monitor price reactions.
- Prize Edge's annual revenue is $8 million.
This study used information mainly from companies' websites. There were no expert reviews on these companies, therefore we used revenue as the principal determinant of prominent price monitoring companies. It was found that in general, pricing companies have few employees but their revenue is high. The criteria was to select companies with more than $7 million in annual revenues. In addition, companies which experienced drastic decline in revenues of more than 30% were not considered. We only considered the period 2015-2019 as financial statements of these companies were not available publicly. It is important to note that accessing revenue information may require a subscription (IncFact and ZoomInfo).