Customer Data Part 2
According to the public domain, both the Evidation Health and Cota Health currently have two million customers each. Also, they both follow HIPAA regulations and amendments when it comes to storing data per patient, this is, the patient records must be stored for 50 years. We have provided this information on this attached spreadsheet. Below are our summary of findings and detail methodology.
- The total customers the company currently has: The company has more than two million customers using its proprietary research participant app called Achievement application.
- The estimated amount of years of data stored per patient: According to the Evidation Health care website, the company follows strong standards under the HIPAA guidelines and methods, this is, the patient records must be stored for 50 years.
- The total customers the company currently has: The company has two million patients/customers.
- The estimated amount of years of data stored per patient: According to the Cota Health Privacy Practices Disclosures, the company follows strong standards under the HIPAA guidelines.
- The company has also a HIPAA Privacy Officer for any issues relating to privacy violations.
- Therefore, the company stores patient records for 50 years.
To get the information on the total customers these companies, Evidation Health and Cota Health, currently have along and the estimated amount of years they store data of a patient, we began our search by going through their official websites. On the website, we searched through the sections related to the product, about, services, resources, blog, news, and research. We could find that both companies are private entities, hence, they share very little information pertaining to their finance and the number of clients/customers they have with the public. Therefore, this strategy did not provide any useful/relevant information to answer the research criteria.
Next, we searched through multiple credible news forums such as Forbes, Medical Health News, Science Daily, among others. On these websites, we tried to find any articles or report that could have relevant information pertaining to the research criteria. Fortunately, we could find relevant news articles on Mobi Health News and Forbes websites which share the key information on the total customers the companies currently have. We have presented the findings above.
Finally, to identify the information on the estimated amount of years of data stored per patient by these companies. We began by going through their individual company websites and other credible sources. However, the company website of Evident Health and the Privacy practices disclosure notice of Cota health highlights that the companies are HIPAA compliant. Also, Cota health has a HIPAA Privacy Officer who handle any violation of patient privacy rights. Additionally, through the Department of Health and Human Services Modification document, it is related to the HIPAA regulation and amendments, which although is an old source document, 2013, by the credible source/website of the government publication office, contains very relevant information useful for this request. The HIPAA regulation and amendments state that "patient records must be stored for 50 years". Therefore, we made an assumption that these companies are following this regulation.