AI Marketing Tools
Albert AI, Trapica, Pattern89, GumGum, Amplify.ai, Invoca, Zalster, and Pathmatics are some AI and automation tools that are being leveraged by the creative marketing and advertising industry. AI as a marketing tool for this industry has precipitated changes in four major ways: Predictive Analytics and Forecasting; Audience Hyper-Segmentation; Lead Qualification and Scoring; and Chatbots.
AI MARKETING TOOLS
- The vendor does not provide pricing information for its AI marketing tool and a prospect can directly contact the company for a price quotation.
- Also, data on the number of users and the adoption rate in not available in the public domain. Albert, being a private company, is not obliged to disclose the records, as well as the number of users and the adoption rate of its AI marketing tool to the public.
- The company registered a "50% increase in average monthly revenue per customer, year-on-year" for the fiscal year 2018- conveying the impression of a likely increase in the number of users.
- Likewise, the revenue increased almost threefold from $1.7 million in 2017 to $4.6 million in 2018 — citing data for the most recent years available.
- There are also 10,702 daily visitors to albert.ai and 1,000 daily unique visitors. Based on this statistic, it can be estimated (or speculated) that the adoption rate (number of new users / total number of users) of Albert AI marketing tool is roughly 9.3% (1,000/10,702).
- Albert AI tool offers customizable call-to-actions (CTAs) to stimulate immediate customer response.
- The tool is capable of "processing and analyzing audience and tactic data at scale, autonomously allocating budget, optimizing creative and evolving campaigns across paid search, social and programmatic channels."
- The vendor does not disclose the cost of it's AI marketing tool. However, industry experts hint that for firms spending less than $2,500 per month, Trapica’s basic package costs $189.
- Trapica also provides a demo and a free trial for its AI marketing tool.
- Also, data on the number of users and the adoption rate in not available in the public domain. Trapica, being a private company, is not obliged to disclose any records, including the number of users and the adoption rate of its AI marketing platform to the public.
- The firm claims that "customers using its platform have saved up to 70% in customer acquisition costs and increased their ROI by up to 300%."
- There are 450 daily visitors and 150 daily unique visitors to trapica.com. Based on this statistic, it can be estimated (or speculated) that the adoption rate of the platform is roughly 37% (150/400).
- The platform is capable of "analyzing the overall audience a brand reaches with each campaign and then update campaign targets accordingly."
- It is also capable of "automatically scaling campaigns that are performing best, based on predetermined parameters, without affecting the brand’s ROI."
- Trapica offers high-level capabilities including, "but not limited to, predictive targeting, cross-platform targeting, budget management, and campaign creation" for professional marketers.
- Pattern89 does not reveal the cost of the platform — it has a SaaS subscription model. However, a prospect can directly contact the company for a price quotation.
- The vendor provides a 14-day free trial program for the platform.
- Industry experts estimate that Pattern89 "contracts start at $1000-$3000/month depending on the customer’s goals."
- The founder and CEO R. J. Talyor reported, in a recent interview, that the platform has about 1,000 users.
- There are no publicly available data on the platform's adoption rate. Pattern89, being a private company, is not obliged to disclose these records to the public.
- There are 24,326 daily visitors and 4,950 daily unique visitors to pattern89.com. Based on this statistic, it can be estimated (or speculated) that the adoption rate of the platform is roughly 20% (4950/24326).
- Pattern89 has the capabilities of analyzing the impact of AI-backed alerts, before and after they are implemented," predicting an ad’s creative performance before the ad runs," and optimizing ads for Instagram.
- The platform's Saved Filter capabilities "allow marketers to bookmark the most important campaign scenarios so they can quickly gather insights to guide their most important creative decisions."
- Pattern89 leverages Hubble, "an AI powered customizable dashboard that helps simplify creative insights."
- The vendor does not provide pricing information for its AI marketing tool (although it has a SaaS subscription model) and a prospect can directly contact the company for a price quotation.
- GumGum's AI marketing tool has about 2,000 current users.
- The firm's AI marketing platform has a client retention rate of 82 percent.
- There are no publicly available data on the platform's adoption rate. However, there are 160,111 daily visitors and 28,000 daily unique visitors to gumgum.com. Based on this statistic, it can be speculated that the adoption rate of the platform is roughly 18% (28000/160111).
- GumGum's computer vision capabilities "detects unsafe text and visual content to deliver ads in safe, contextually relevant environments."
- The tool is also capable of targeting "custom audience segments using first-party and third-party demographic and behavioral data, including past purchases."
- The In-Content Video has a "customizable banner that appears in media pages instead of being limited to video inventory."
- The platform "follows a volume-based pricing model and plans start at $999/month."
- Amplify.ai's CEO, Mahi de Silva, claims that the AI tool currently has more than 100 users.
- Users of Amplify.ai have generated more than 3 billion interactions catering to more than 200 million end-users.
- There are no publicly available data on the platform's adoption rate. However, there are 1,000 daily visitors and 250 daily unique visitors to amplify.ai. Based on this statistic, it can be speculated that the adoption rate of the platform is roughly 25% (250/1000).
- Also, "90% of users contacted by the Amplify.ai Proactive Responder have become opt-in subscribers."
- Amplify.ai platform is capable of "offering persistent, personalized, messaging-based experiences across a large and ever-expanding diversity of conversational surfaces."
- For example, the tool can "start a conversation on a desktop computer and move to a mobile device without interruption or loss of context."
- The integration capabilities include "Facebook, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Instagram, RCS, desktop and mobile web, in-app integration, Facebook’s Click-to-Messenger ads, and Google’s Adlingo ad unit."
- Amplify.ai also leverages customized content solutions.
- Invoca's AI marketing platform cost starts at $500 per month.
- Approximately 713 users have subscribed to the platform.
- The company achieved 187% YoY growth fueled by enterprise marketers in 2018-conveying the impression of a likely increase in the number of enterprise users.
- There are no publicly available data on the platform's adoption rate. However, there are 15,406 daily visitors and 3,800 daily unique visitors to invoca.com. Based on this statistic, it can be speculated that the adoption rate of the platform is roughly 25% (3800/15406).
- The closed loop attribution capability helps marketers to "improve campaign optimization with 1-to-1 consumer and keyword-level attribution for call conversions."
- It has a fully-supported integration capability "with the leading digital marketing and advertising platforms."
- The analytics capability enables marketers "to measure call outcomes and tie offline conversions back to digital spend."
- The vendor employs "an innovative pricing model. The cost is 5% of the users total Facebook ad spend every month, with a minimum fee of $495."
- Zalster also provides a 14-day free trial program for the platform.
- There are no publicly available data on the platform's adoption rate or current users. Zalster, being a private company, is not obliged to disclose these records to the public.
- There are 9,143 daily visitors and 1,250 daily unique visitors to zalster.com. Based on this statistic, it can be speculated that the adoption rate of the platform is roughly 14% (1250/9143).
- The platform's capabilities include automated algorithms, a Client Success Manager, slack bot, and so on.
- The automated algorithms' capability is "designed in such a way that it optimizes everything round the clock."
- The dedicated Client Success Manager capability enables advertisers "to sort out or solve any query — whether it’s strategic or technical."
- The Slack bot delivers insight.
- Zalster provides "actionable data visualizations through a customizable dashboard."
- Pathmatics has a SaaS subscription model with the basic cost of license starting from $10,000 per year.
- The platform has generated trillions of impressions and is used by more than 6,500 users, across digital channels like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, display, video, and native.
- There are no publicly available data on the platform's adoption rate. Pathmatics, being a private company, is not obliged to disclose these records to the public.
- There are 18,851 daily visitors and 1,750 daily unique visitors to pathmatics.com. Based on this statistic, it can be speculated that the adoption rate of the platform is roughly 9% (1750/18851).
- The platform's Explore capability leverages the most "complete and accurate picture of the digital advertising landscape by relying on two leading data sourcing technologies: crawler- and panel-based."
- The platform is also capable of capturing and reporting an "array of ad formats and sizes — including all IAB standard display, Rising Star display units, pre-roll video, in-banner video, common native ad formats, and non-standard sized units."
- Pathmatics Custom solution "vary, from a simple recurring report, data feed, to an entirely custom solution. "
Predictive Analytics and Forecasting
- AI marketing tools leverage predictive analytics and forecasting in creative advertising.
- Predictive analytics is the use of algorithms, data, and artificial intelligence techniques to "identify the likelihood of future outcomes based on historical data" and provide the best assessment for the foreseeable future.
- Through this capability, marketers can "extrapolate who is most likely to become a lead based on similar profiles to existing customers," and advancing further to "pinpoint the highest value lead from that future group."
- This trend is considered by reputable, expert-backed articles as the most valuable innovation in the use of artificial intelligence for marketing — because it has the potential to "double marketing success measures in customer engagement and targeted sales."
- Invoca, Crayon, and BlueConic are AI marketing platforms that offer this capability to discover insights, make predictions, and unify data.
- Some AI marketing tools provide audience hyper-segmentation capabilities for creative marketing and advertising usage.
- It's now possible for marketers to use AI algorithms to "analyze one individual user—the habits, likes and dislikes, and previous activity of existing customers and leads—and draw conclusions quickly to engage with them on a personal level."
- As a result, marketers can create "hyper-focused, segmented groups based on similar connections."
- And because personalization is king, and marketers are reporting that personalized outreach is 14 percent more effective, this trend is significant for a successful campaign.
- IBM Watson Advertising platform "personalizes ads for individual customers."
Lead Qualification and Scoring
- According to an industry expert, "lead scoring isn’t a new marketing automation feature, but it’s bound to improve a lot."
- AI marketing tools give marketers the ability to optimize lead qualification and scoring process at scale "to deliver the right message to the right individual at the right time."
- This trend is talked about by industry experts and publications, recording the biggest impact on marketers as it helps them to save time and obtain a better lead-to-sale conversion rate.
- Infer, an AI marketing tool leverages lead qualification and scoring capabilities to "increase win rates and reduce the cost of marketing."
- Chatbots, which are growing in popularity among marketers, use artificial intelligence to deliver creative marketing.
- Examples of companies leaning into the trend include Drift, Coversica, LivePerson, and Hubspot.
- Chatbots are available 24/7 and "drive efficiency by handling unlimited inquiries at the same time."
- The fact that "these intelligent, conversational chatbots can handle issues as they arise, instead of keeping customers waiting until a person is available" makes the chatbot capability a key priority for marketers looking to run successful campaigns using AI marketing platforms.
The research team was able to identify 8 AI and automation tools that are being leveraged by the creative marketing and advertising industry. However, because the vendors of these tools operate privately, some data, including the price, the adoption rate, and the number of current users (for some of these tools), were not disclosed in the public domain — a common practice for software vendors and service providers. Nevertheless, the team provided as many related insights as possible, even attempting to estimate the adoption rates for each platform. On the other hand, we identified the top 4 trends among AI and automation tools for creative marketing and advertising usage. The trends we listed were the most talked about by industry experts and publications as the major trends in AI as a marketing tool.