Communication & Collaboration Tools - DAMs
Adobe Expierence Manager, Canto, Intelligence Bank, Frontify, Aprimo, and Web Dam are six DAMs that have the best collaboration tools for knowledge sharing, communication, and collaborative working. Each of these products include a variety of collaborative and communication features, built on a single platform.
1. Adobe Experience Manager
- Asset Link allow teams to design, revise, review, and approve any asset.
- Find and use assets directly from within Creative Cloud apps, increasing collaboration with marketers to create and deliver content faster.
- Adobe Experience Manager Assets brand portal can give distributed teams access to specific assets through a modern user interface.
- Adobe’s new Single-Page Application (SPA) Editor in Experience Manager Sites enables developers and marketers to preview, edit, and manage content in-context and in one place for faster collaboration.
- Interactive Communications in Experience Manager Forms enable authors to quickly create and personalize multichannel customer communications at 1:1 scale.
- Assets templates provide a dedicated workspace that empowers the user to make changes to InDesign documents without having to leave the DAM.
- Asset check-out
- Asset collections
- Asset insights
- Brand portal
- Digital asset management workflows
- Digital rights management
- File type support
- Version history
Minimum Requirements To install Adobe Experience Manager:
- Install Java Platform, Standard Edition JDK or other supported Java Virtual Machines
- Experience Manager Quickstart file (Standalone JAR or web-application deployment WAR)
Minimum Sizing Requirements:
- Administrators and contributors can set up their own private workspaces to collaborate on media assets.
- Keep the digital assets and team in sync by commenting on, approving, and rejecting steps of a defined linear workflow that was set up.
- Comments can be targeted towards specific users and groups, which triggers an in-app notification and email for every new message.
- iOS app
- Powerful search
- Workflow automation
- InDesign Client for Adobe InDesign
- Metadata extraction, editing, and write back
- Image and video publishing
- Easy configuration
- Version control
- Asset relations
- Secure file transfer and sharing
- Social DAM
- Roles and permissions
- On-premise, private Cloud, and hybrid Cloud DAM deployment
- Analysis and reporting
- Configurable admin tools
- RESTful API
- Approval workflow
- Collaboration portal
- Keyword search
- Version histories
3. Intelligence Bank
- Allows the user to add an annotations to conversation to specifically mark up files prior to release.
- Create email alert notifications when new files or new versions are added to the DAM platform.
- The user can also email links, files, etc to both registered and external users — which avoids clogging up email with large file sizes.
- Advanced Search, Global Filters & Metadata
- Automatic Keyword Tagging
- Email Alerts & Email Links
- Creative Collaboration
- Public Link Tracking & Analytics
- Centralize the team and discuss designs on the same page with context-driven annotations and @mentions.
- Ask specific stakeholders for feedback or asset approval. Set deadlines and notify co-workers or teams automatically.
- Stay in the loop with instant notifications about new comments, uploads, and other events via email or Slack.
- Coordinate projects with a Kanban-board based system and outline the entire design process from start to finish in one place.
- Cover Page
- Custom domain
- Branded login page
- Account manager
- User groups and targets
- Unlimited style guides
- Unlimited viewers
- Public sharing
- Powerful search
- Access request
- Priority support
- Private cloud hosting
- SAML-based SSO
- Advanced security packages
- Contracts and SLAs
- Aprimo's DAM has built-in annotation and content mark-up tools with on-screen text boxes, pen tools, and highlighters.
- Reviewers can add chat comments and can cast votes on the asset.
- Enables users to manage reviews and other actions from a centralized task management window.
- Creative Files
- Emerging Content
- Text Articles
- Metadata & Taxonomy
- Digital Rights Management
- Version Control
- Content Workflows
- Task Management
- Annotations, Reviews & Approvals
- Content Calendars
- PIM For Product Experience
- Configurable Product Structure
- Product Content Localization
- Content Analytics
- Brand Portal
- Integration Via Aprimo Connect
6. Web DAM
- Webdam unites teams and creative assets on a common, cloud-based platform.
- Everyone stays in sync throughout the creative asset life cycle by working, reviewing, and approving from the same source.
- Users can provide clear feedback and collaborate effectively during the review process by leaving comments and notifying team members at each stage.
- New version uploads can be easily reviewed and compared side by side.
- Enabling users to make requests and fill in the creative brief information.
- Easily define a creative and collaborative processes.
- Group projects and make them visible to colleagues and any relevant third parties.
- Organize, approve, save and share images, videos, and creative content directly from a mobile device.
- Integrated access to millions of visual assets hosted both inside and outside Webdam.
- Webdam connects to Shutterstock and many other asset sources.
- Scheduled publishing
- Robust analytics
- Auto-detect language
- Direct publishing
- Download rules
- Adobe Connector
- Custom metadata
- File conversion and cropping
- Digital Asset Management
- Creative Approvals
- Brand Templates
- Brand Identity Guidelines
- Bynder Analytics
- Plugins & Integrations
your Research team applied the following Strategy:
We started our research by looking for up to date rankings, polls, reviews on various tech sites, business sites, blogs, and research sites for top/best DAMs for collaboration and communication. However, finding no specific data in regard to the communication/collaborative/knowledge features, we expanded the criteria to top/best DAM products. Once we were able to find credible reviews/rankings, we located lists of DAM product reviews such as, "Gartner's Top 19 Enterprise Digital Asset Management Solutions" and "Best Digital Assest Management Software". Based on these lists, we selected six DAMs with at least 4 out of 5 stars on Capterra. We also only selected the DAMs with communication and collaborative features, as per the criteria.