Commercial Real Estate Brokers: Sources of Revenue
Many commercial real estate brokerage firms in the U.S. offer a range of related services in addition to commercial property buying and selling assistance. Examples of additional sources of revenue that commercial real estate brokerages offer include landlord and tenant representation, market analysis and marketing planning, other types of specialized analyses, property management, financial services, real estate-related services, and project and construction management.
Landlord and Tenant Representation Services
- John Propp Commercial Group, Denver, offers tenant and landlord representation to help clients solve leasing issues.
- Re-Max offers tenant representation and landlord representation.
- KW Commercial offers tenant representation and landlord representation.
- Franklin Street brokerage offers landlord and tenant representation.
Marketing Services and Market Analyses
- John Propp Commercial Group, Denver, offers a lead tracking system, thorough market analyses, financial analyses, tenant screening, marketing plans, and full-service property management.
- KW Commercial offers market analysis services and marketing planning.
Property Management and Financial Services
- Marcus & Millichap offer financing assistance connected with real estate sales in the U.S. and Canada.
- HFF, with more than 20 offices across the U.S., uses capital markets knowledge and local real estate expertise to facilitate all types of real estate transactions.
- Commercial property management is offered by CBRE Group, Inc., headquartered in Los Angeles, and by Cushman & Wakefield.
- Mortgage services are offered by CBRE Group, Inc., headquartered in Los Angeles.
- Eastdil Secured combines a real estate brokerage with corporate finance and capital markets knowledge to assist clients.
- Berkadia, a part of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, provides capital solutions, investment sales advice, and research services to its clients with ownership of multifamily and commercial properties.
- Kidder Mathews, located on the West Coast, offers "a complete range of brokerage, appraisal, property management, consulting, project and construction management, and debt and equity finance services for all property types."
- KW Commercial, Re-Max, SVN, and Mohr Properties also offer property management services.
- Franklin Street brokerage, based in Atlanta, Georgia, offers property management services, valuation, capital, investment sales, and insurance. In 2017, "Franklin Street was responsible for $500 million in loan originations."
Real Estate-Related Services Offered
- Re-Max offers development, advisory, and other services to clients. In addition, Re-Max Commercial offers site consulting, leasing, subletting, and asset management services.
- SVN commercial real estate has more than 100 offices across the US, offering clients assistance in buying, selling, leasing, and constructing properties of all types.
- Appraisal and valuation services are offered by CBRE Group, Inc., a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles,
- Coldwell Bank Commercial offers help in buying, leasing, or selling industrial, retail, office, agricultural, or other types of property.
- KW Commercial offers buyer and seller representation, and many other services throughout the US
- Commercial property leasing and development services are offered by Cushman & Wakefield.
Project and Construction Management Offered for Developers
- Project management, development, and facilities management are offered by CBRE Group, Inc., a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, and SVN commercial real estate brokerage.
- Mohr Partners, based in Dallas, Texas, provides business intelligence services, leasing administration, portfolio management, transaction services, asset management, project management services, and capital markets consulting and analysis.