Comcast - Christian O. Peterson
Christian O Petersen is an alumnus of Henley Management College. He is the senior director, product management at Comcast.
- Christian O. Petersen is the senior director, product management at Comcast.
- Prior to joining the company, he served as the chairman of Brandworkz from October 2009 to September 2014.
- From March 2008 to September 2014, Christian O. Petersen served as a board member at Cogniance.
- Between January 2011 and January 2014, Christian O. Petersen was the company chairman at WebWordSystem.
- In October 2012, he joined Zigi and served as the vice president of the company for 9 months.
- Christian O. Petersen also held the position of vice president at CloudMade from August 2009 to June 2013. Before that, he served as the company's interim vice president, product management from April 2008 to July 2009.
- In February 2005, Christian O. Petersen served as the vice president, product management of Sonopia Corporation until March 2008.
- Between March 2004 and January 2005, Christian O. Petersen worked at Macromedia as the company's senior product planning Manager.
- From 2001 to 2004, he worked at Aludo as a consultant, consumer internet.
- Between August 2000 and March 2002, Christian O. Petersen served as a board member at Fairgain.
- In 2000, he became the chief executive officer at Advertainers International and served this position till 2001.
- In 1992, Christian O. Petersen founded Media Mix and served as the company's president till 2000.
- Between 1996 and 1998, he held the position of chairman and founder at the Danish Multimedia Industry Association.
- An analysis of his career path shows that Christian O. Petersen is focused on " producing innovative products and services for web, mobile, and television."
- According to Television Conference, Christian O. Petersen has spent "the past 25 years building product teams focused on interactive experiences, that consumers love, at the intersection between communication and entertainment."
- According to information culled from his LinkedIn profile, Christian O. Petersen's business priorities are in "general management, product strategy, product planning, product management, partner management, personalization, conversational UI, user experience, and user testing."
- Christian O Petersen is an alumnus of Henley Management College. He obtained a diploma in management from the college in 2004.
- On being appointed as the senior director, product management at Comcast, Christian O. Petersen led a set of teams that focused on building the "next-generation OTT streaming experience" on the company's new TV device Flex and the market-leading Set Top Box X1."
- He led the initiative that increased Comcast's share of the TV market and increased the company's revenue to over $27 million per month."
- The team was also responsible for building and executing " the overall app strategy expanding video, music, personal media, gaming, social and commerce."
- While working as the senior director, product management at Comcast, Christian O. Petersen also led a team that developed a "3-year strategy for OTT app & content expansion."
- Christian O. Petersen also built and led a successful partner management team at Comcast. The team "successfully managed over 60 partner integrations including YouTube, Amazon Prime, TubiTV, XITE, Sling, YouTube Kids, Pandora, iHeart, NPR, HSN, Play." This generated over $30 million in revenue per month for the company.
- On June 12, 2019, Christian O. Petersen was a panelist at the TVOT SF 2019 held at the Golden Gate Club in San Francisco, California. The topic was "Can We Deliver What the Consumer Wants?"
- On April 9th, 2019, Christian O. Petersen was a guest speaker at the NAB Show in New York. The topic of his presentation was "Integrating TV and OTT Into A Single User Experience."
- On May 29, 2019, Christian O. Petersen was a guest speaker at the OTT Executive Summit 2019 held at the Marriott Marquis, Times Square, New York.
- In February 2017, Christian O. Petersen was a guest panelist at the Gigaom Artificial Intelligence Conference held at Golden Gate Club, San Francisco, California. The topic of the session was "How To Build Better Customer Experiences With AI."
- Christian O. Petersen was a guest speaker at Advertising Week New York 2016. He delivered a keynote paper titled "The Future Of Marketing Personalization: Smart, Helpful Bots Get To Know The User."
- In September 2016, Christian O. Petersen was a panelist at the Intelligent Assistants Conference held in San Francisco, California. The topic was "Making the Most of User Interface Innovations."
- In August 2012, Christian O. Petersen was a speaker at the Edinburgh Interactive held at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh, UK. The topic was "Getting Above the Noise."
- In April 2011, Christian O. Petersen was a speaker at the Where 2.0 conference held in Santa Clara, California. The topic was "Mobile Apps and Users Experiences Created for People On-the-go."
Awards and Achievements
- While working as the vice president, product management of Cloudemade, the company was awarded the Best Emerging Startup 2010 at the Mobile Premier Awards.
- In 2013, while serving as the vice president of Zigi, the company developed a game called Angry Birds Magic. The game won the award for the best digital campaign at the Game connection 2013.
- No information regarding any personal awards and achievements that Christian O. Petersen has won was identified on public data.
Products Developed by Christian O. Petersen
- The Flex TV device developed by Christian O. Petersen's led team at Comcast is called The Xfinity Flex. The device is a "nifty streaming device that offers an easy and low-cost way to access movies, TV shows, YouTube videos, and music."
- Christian O. Petersen's led team at Comcast also developed another product called the Xfinity X1. The product is a TV and entertainment service device that is set up through a set-top box with DVR. The products allow customers to combine different types of entertainment such as television, music, and streaming shows.
- No additional information was found on Christian O. Petersen's comments on the functions of both devices. On LinkedIn, he provided a brief overview of his team's efforts to develop build the Flex TV device and the Set-Top Box X1. Christian O. Petersen claimed that the two devices helped to increase Comcast's monthly revenue by $27 million.