Combate Americas Top Competitors - Part 2
A competitive landscape analyzing Professional Fighters League (PFL), ONE Championship, Telemundo Boxing and Bellator is provided as below. A brief overview of the kind of events offered, notable participants over the past 2 years, operation and broadcast locations, and top C-level executives are provided for each company as requested.
Professional Fighters League (PFL)
- PFL mainly offers an MMA in a sport-season format that involves competitions in seasons, playoffs, and championships that lasts from May to New Year’s Eve. The 2019 season covers five weight classes for men and one featherweight category for women, with each fighter having two fights from May to August. The top fighters in each weight class advance to the playoffs in October. The winners proceed to the World Championship Grand Finals on New Year’s Eve, to compete for a $1 million grand prize.
- Notable participants over the past 2 years include Kayla Harrison (Olympic gold winner), and other UFC/ Bellator/ WSOF fighters such as Sarah Kaufman, Lance Palmer, Ramsey Nijem, Chris Wade, John Howard, Vinny Magalhaes, and Jared Rosholt.
- PFL is based in Washington D.C. In the U.S., they air on ESPN2, ESPN+, ESPN Deportes. They are also available in 150 countries globally with local broadcasters and digital platforms.
- The company is founded by Donn Davis, Mark Leschly and Russ Ramsey. It is currently headed by CEO Peter Murray, along with Executive Producer- George Greenberg, President — Ray Sefo, Chief Digital Officer- Daniel Ghosh-Roy.
- ONE Championship offers a long list of MMA events hosted in different Asian cities, including one-off events and events that stretch across 12 weeks. They focus mainly on Asian martial arts and cover 10 weight classes.
- Notable participants over the past 2 years include Demetrious Johnson, Eddie Alvarez, Sage Northcutt, Shinya Aoki, Christian Lee, and Angela Lee.
- They currently have offices in Singapore, Tokyo, New York City, Los Angeles, Shanghai, Milan, Beijing, Bangkok, Manila, Jakarta, and Bangalore.
- ONE Championship hosts events in different Asian cities including Singapore, Beijing, Tokyo, and others. They have a global reach of 2.6 billion potential viewers across 145+ countries across live broadcasts, live events, free-to-air channels, social and digital media.
- The company is led by Founder, Chairman and CEO Chatri Sityodtong, Vice Chairman Saurabh Mittal, and Group President Hua Fung Teh.
- Other C-level executives include Chief Commercial Officer, Hari Vijayarajan and CEO ONE Elite Agency, Victor Cui.
- Telemundo Boxing or Telemundo Boxeo is a division of Telemundo Deportes that offers coverage on boxing events instead of MMA events. To date, they have aired over 350 title fights, with an emphasis on Latin American fighters. Events are seasons based and may last up to four weeks.
- Notable participants over the past 2 years include Saul “Baby” Juarez, WBC Latino world title challenger, Ganigan “La Maravilla” Lopez former WBC world light flyweight champion, and unbeaten Wilfredo ‘El Bravo Vega’ Flores.
- NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises is based in Miami, Florida.
- Along with other Spanish-language entertainment, news and sports content from their parent company- NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises, Telemundo Boxing reaches 94% of U.S. Hispanic TV households in 210 markets through 17 owned stations, 55 affiliates, and a local station in Puerto Rico.
- The company is led by Chairman Cesar Conde. Other C-level executives include Chief Marketing Officer, Mónica Gil and President of Telemundo Deportes Ray Warren.
- Bellator is a leading mixed martial arts and kickboxing organization owned by Viacom. They host 1 night MMA tournaments and a year-long Grand Prix eight-man heavyweight tournament in 2018.
- Notable participants over the past 2 years include: Gegard Mousasi, Rory MacDonald, Michael Chandler, Patricio Freire, Ryan Bader, and Ilima-Lei Macfarlane.
- Bellator is based in Hollywood, California and is available to nearly 1 billion people worldwide in over 160 countries.
- In the United States, Bellator can be seen on Paramount Network and DAZN, a live sports streaming service.
- The company is led by President Scott Coker, senior VP Scott Fishman, and CFO Michael O’Roark.
We've identified the competitors from the previous research. The level of detail and presentation is edited to maintain consistency with the project.
We've defined notable/popular participants as fighters/ boxers are that mentioned in relevant publications without need of introduction or elaboration of background.