Cognizant Competitors Employee Region Breakdown 1
In order to carry out this research, we analyzed data from trusted media sources, industry reports, and statistics websites. We first conducted a research to determine the total number of employees for the provided competitors to Cognizant. I found multiple sources that give the employee numbers in the last three years. From there, we searched for the regions that each of the three companies operate in. For Accenture and Infosys, we managed to establish their regions of operate, but finding the number of employees was tricky, because they haven't made that data public.
Ernst and Young (EY)
- In 2018, Ernst and Young employed a total of 228,622 employees worldwide.
- The headquarters of Ernst and Young is in London.
- In 2018, Ernst and Young (EY) had 106,775 employees in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and India; 70,341 in the US; 43,722 in the Asia-Pacific region; and 7.824 employees in Japan.
- Ernst and Young was ranked seventh among the top consulting firms.
- According to the company's official website, Ernst and Young had 261,559 employees in 2018, which represented a 5.7% growth from 2017.
- Ernst and Young has over 700 offices in 150 countries.
- Ernst and Young groups its offices under four geographic areas: EMEIA (Europe, the Middle East, Africa and India), the Americas, Asia-Pacific, and Japan.
- According to Craft.co, the number of Ernst and Young employees in 2019 is 279,137.
- In 2018, Accenture employed a total of 459,000 people worldwide.
- The headquarters of Accenture is based in Dublin, Ireland.
- According to their official website, Accenture has 482,000 employees, and has offices and operations in more than 200 cities in 52 countries.
- Accenture uses three geographic regions: North America, Europe and growth markets (Asia Pacific, Latin America, Africa, the Middle East, Russia, and Turkey).
- According to Craft.co, the number of employees in August 2018 was around 459,000.
- In 2017, from their 394,000 employees, around 140,000 were from India.
- The number of employees in the U.S. was planned to be increased to more than 65,000.
- The number of employees in Europe and the growth markets was about 189,000 employees combined.
- In 2018, Infosys employed a total of 204,107 employees, which increased to 228,123 employees in 2019.
- The headquarters of Accenture is based in Bangalore, Karnataka, India.
- According to their official website, the number of employees in the last three years rose from 200,364 to 228,123.
- Infosys is ranked among the top three employers in Europe and the Middle East.
- In the years 2016-2017 the number of Infosys employees in the US was about 44,000.