Cognizant Advertising Priorities
Cognizant's advertising priorities are found in the company's key performance indicators (KPIs), which includes reach, reputation, and revenue. Metrics that determine the success of these priorities are the company's overall growth, as Cognizant targets a revenue growth of between 7% and 11% over profitability starting from 2020.
COGNIZANT'S ADVERTISING PRIORITIES
- The outgoing CEO of Cognizant, Francisco D'Souza, in his farewell publication to the company in February 2019 observed that the company had a market-tested strategy to drive business growth, which aligned deeply with the company's capabilities and clients' needs.
- According to a report by Tech Circle, Cognizant's new CEO, Brian Humphries, was to identify new revenue streams for the company, especially in emerging technology markets such as artificial intelligence, analytics, Internet of Things (IoT), blockchain, and cloud computing. This information indicates that Cognizant's advertising priorities are to acquire new client business and drive growth in these segments, as the report observed that there was fierce competition in these areas by other companies.
- Bull Marketing, a UK-based marketing agency, reported the creation of messaging to prioritize the achievement of Cognizant's most important KPIs (key performance indicators), which includes reach, reputation, and revenue, in a case study of campaigns executed for Cognizant.
- Cognizant's most significant branding and advertising activities include the development of a positive and trustworthy image amongst the company's clients. In addition, the company promotes itself as a responsible organization, according to a report by MBA Skool.
- As per Live Mint's report, Cognizant's overall priority is growth and not profitability, as the company projects to grow between 7% and 11% in constant currency terms, starting from 2020. This information indicates that the company's advertising priorities would be measured by the amount of growth it generates.
- Live Mint's report in February 2019 observed that the newly-appointed CEO of the company, Brian Humphries, would help Cognizant overcome its slowing growth, which was at 8.9% in 2018 and below that of the company's major competitors, as well as to help shift Cognizant's focus from profitability.
- The top 5 paid search keywords by Cognizant, according to SpyFU, indicates that the company is advertising mostly to acquire clients in the blockchain, application development, and future of work segments.
- According to AdBeat's ad intelligence platform, recent advertising campaigns by Cognizant targets the acquisition of clients in markets such as artificial intelligence, analytics, blockchain, Internet of Things (IoT), and cloud computing. This observation indicates that the company's global advertising priorities are to acquire new clients in these segments to drive business growth.
We began by researching Cognizant's official directory in search of the company's most recent annual reports with the hope of identifying information regarding its advertising priorities. Unfortunately, Cognizant's latest annual statement in 2018 only provided the financial data of the company and did not highlight its global advertising priorities going forward. Next, we investigated press releases within the last 6-12 months by Cognizant hoping to locate publicly available statements by the company's executives revealing their advertising and marketing priorities. Still, there was no report directly quoting such information by any of the company's staff in the public domain. However, we located a publication by the outgoing CEO of Cognizant, which observed that the company's marketing strategy focused on growth.
We proceeded to research credible media and technology websites in search of reports revealing the marketing priorities of Cognizant. This time, we located reports by MBA Skool, Live Mint, Tech Circle, and others, which provided insight showing that the company was aiming for growth over profitability starting from 2020. These reports also revealed that Cognizant was targeting new revenue streams in emerging technology segments with fierce competition. From this investigation, we established that Cognizant's advertising priorities were to acquire new businesses in these emerging segments, as well as drive its overall business growth, based on Live Mint's report that the company was prioritizing growth over profitability.
Furthermore, we located a report by Bull Marketing, which highlighted that Cognizant focused on key performance indicators such as reach, reputation, and revenue in its advertising campaigns. Finally, we investigated recent marketing campaigns by Cognizant through ad intelligence platforms like AdBeat and SpyFU, from where we found the top paid keywords and advertising campaigns by Cognizant also targeted acquiring clients in the segments earlier researched.