Clothing Brands Competitive Research
Orange Sherbet has leveraged its website and social media accounts, specifically Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter, to market its products. The company does not have Twitter, TikTok, and YouTube accounts. So far, there is only one influencer, Katie Frances, who has been actively promoting clothing brands sold by the company on her YouTube channel.
Overview of the Website Functionality and Type of Content Utilized
- More than half of Orange Sherbet's website is covered with images of dresses, pants, jumpsuits, knitwear, jackets, and playsuits from different brands. Also, accessories like earrings, hair clips, bags, eyewear, belt, scarf, sunglasses, and footwear, have been featured.
- The company also uses its website to announce new arrivals from different brands like the Arlo Button Dress, the Grace Dress, and Raine Jean.
- A description of every item advertised on the website has also been provided, including price, color, height, size, waist, bust, type of neckline for dresses and tops, fabric, and elasticity.
- To promote sales, they also offer gift cards ranging from $10 to $500. "All their gift vouchers are valid for three years from the date of purchase and are only redeemable on the Orange Sherbet eBoutique website and can not be used in-store."
- The company uses its SALE and MEGA SALE pages on its website to market items being sold at discounts. Currently, there is an offer of 30%-80% discount on selected items sold on their website and stores.
- When shopping from the website, clients select their preferred items in a cart. Before paying for the items, customers are required to provide their contact details like email address, name, postal address, phone number, and physical address. They also choose their preferred shipping method. Transactions can be done using PayPal, Afterpay, Zip, and Laybuy. Shipping is free for orders worth $50 and above.
- They also have a sizing guide to help customers choose the right items when placing an order.
Overview of the Brand's Social Media Channels and Type of Content Utilized
- Orange Sherbet is currently active on Facebook and Instagram, and Pinterest.
- On Facebook, they have 153,567 followers with posts done at least daily. The company posts videos and pictures of different clothing brands and accessories, including new arrivals and restocks. Some of the brands marketed on their Facebook page are Jules Knit, Betty Basics, Kayla Knit, and Ellika Dress. The company also utilizes its social media platforms to advertise upcoming events.
- On their Facebook page, a popup chat appears, prompting the visitor to choose a default message option or type their own message. When the visitor sends a message, Orange Sherbet will see their public information. Users, who select a default message have the following options: "Can I check if an item is available?"; "Can someone assist me?"; "How much do your items cost?"; and "Can you recommend something for me?".
- They are present on Instagram as orange_sherbet. The company has 62.7K followers and has made 10.8 thousand posts so far. Visitors to the page are shown an offer to get free shipping for items that cost at least $50. Dresses have been featured the most on their Instagram page. Currently, Instagram does not permit popups.
- On Pinterest, the company has 32 followers and 17.2K monthly views. The company has featured different clothing styles like the Savannah dress, Savannah top, the Elsa top, Jules Knit, and Hattie dress. Product description for every item posted on Pinterest has also been provided.
- Katie Frances, a vlogger, has been actively promoting brands sold by the company on her YouTube channel. With 19.3K subscribers, Katie has been posting several videos on fashion to empower all women to be confident in their bodies. For every Orange Sherbet product she markets, Katie provides their description, including price, color, and fabric.
Type of Advertising the Company Uses
- Orange Sherbet uses Facebook Ads to market its products. The ongoing adverts were launched in March 2021. Most of the ads are about the ongoing "moving warehouse sale." The ads include both videos and pictures of different types of clothing brands and accessories on sale.