There are no city elections scheduled for 2020 in Raleigh, NC.
POPULATION IN RALEIGH, NC
- The total population in Raleigh, NC, is 449,477 people, while there are 141,360 people between the ages of 18 and 34 years.
- There are currently no city elections scheduled for 2020 in Raleigh, NC, as the City of Raleigh holds its municipal elections every two years, of which the year is odd-numbered.
- The last city elections took place in 2019. As such, the next municipal city elections for Raleigh would typically be scheduled to take place in 2021.
NEIGHBORHOODS HAVING AFFLUENT YOUNG FAMILIES
- Brier Creek and Oakwood are two neighborhoods in the City of Raleigh with high concentrations of young families with spending. These would typically represent affluent young families or those who can afford to live in costly neighborhoods.
- Brier Creek is an upscale golf course neighborhood in Raleigh. It is home to families and young professionals. Its cynosure is the Brier Creek County Club features townhouses and condos in multimillion-dollar estates.
- Oakwood, on the other hand, is a neighborhood with a high concentration of young families and professionals. It is also one of the most expensive neighborhoods in Raleigh due to its closeness to downtown and historical culture.
NEIGHBORHOODS WITH CREATIVE WORKERS
- Neighborhoods with a high concentration of creative workers would typically constitute those with art, musical, and related attractions.
- As such, North Hills and Midtown are two neighborhoods with a high concentration of creative workers.
- The North Hills neighborhood features live entertainment, while Midtown offers a lot of public art and free concerts.
NEIGHBORHOODS WITH INDEPENDENT RETAIL HUBS
- Noteworthy neighborhoods in the City of Raleigh with a high concentration of independent retail hubs include Brier Creek and North Hills.
- Brier Creek features an 800,000 sq.ft shopping center with numerous retail stores and restaurants.
- One of the main attractions of North Hills is its mixed-use shopping collection center, which features retail shops, restaurants, a grocery store, and a movie theater.
CITY ID CARD PROGRAM
- The City of Raleigh has an ID card program which is called the GoRaleigh ID Card. The card provides discounts for its senior population, people with disabilities, teenagers, and those aged 12 years or younger.
- Obtaining the GoRaleigh ID Card is free.
- With the high percentage of young people living in the City of Raleigh, are there any youth empowerment programs in place or being developed to promote creativity, innovation, and development among the younger generations?
We were only able to calculate for the population of people aged between 18 and 34 years in the City of Raleigh. We could not account for people who are aged 35 years in the city as the available demographic data provided by American FactFinder, is not structured to accommodate the derivation of the same. As such, we have provided all the calculations in the section below.
- To obtain the population of people aged between 18 and 34 years in Raleigh, NC, we added the population of people aged 18-24 years, 25-29 years, and 30-34 years.
- The population aged 18-24 years = 58,066 people.
- The population aged 25-29 years = 44,722 people.
- The population aged 30-34 years = 38,572 people.
- As such, the population aged 18-34 years = 58,066 + 44,722 + 38,572 = 141,360 people.