Chula Vista: Overview
Chula Vista, California, has a population of 271,653, with about 55,781 (20.58%) people in the city between the ages of 18 and 34. The city's general municipal election will take place on November 3, 2020, with two offices in the city council on the ballot.
- The city of Chula Vista, California, has a population of 271,653.
- Based on searches through sources such as the US Census, World Population Review, and Census Reporter, there is no population estimate for the exact age range of 18-35.
- However, about 8.48% (23,040) of the population is between the ages of 18 and 24, while about 12.1% (32,741) is between the ages of 25 and 34. Therefore, about 20.58% (8.48% + 12.1%) of the population of the city of Chula Vista is between the ages of 18 and 34, which means that there are about 55,781 (23,040 + 32,741) people in the city between the ages of 18 and 34.
City Elections in 2020
- Chula Vista's general municipal election will take place on November 3, 2020. The primaries held on March 3, 2020.
- The purpose of the elections will be to elect members of the city council for districts 3 and 4.
- Chula Vista has a large population of young people, particularly in their 20s and 30s, who are single, educated, and starting upwardly-mobile careers. Its neighborhoods attract educated single professionals.
- Chula Vista's Olympic Pky / La Media Rd neighborhood is an upscale suburban neighborhood with wealthy residents. With 11.0% of its population attending college, it has a higher concentration of residents in college than 95.1% of US neighborhoods.
- The neighborhood attracts families with school-aged children as well as highly educated executives.
- E J St / Paseo Ladera is an upscale urban neighborhood with wealthy residents. 46.0% of its working population is in management, executive, and professional occupations.
- The Bayside Park in Chula Vista hosts creative events like the International Mariachi Festival, which features Mariachi Music and Mexican folkloric dances. It also hosts the annual Chula Vista HarborFest, which features live music and entertainment for families and friends of all ages.
City ID Card
- Chula Vista does not appear to have a city ID card program. The city is not listed as one of three cities in California that have municipal ID cards; however, they use the California state ID cards.
Question to City Leaders
- Like the Californian cities of Oakland, Richmond, and San Francisco, are there any plans to launch a municipal ID card program for the city of Chula Vista?