After a thorough and exhaustive research through credible resources of information, we were able to provide the required data for CitiVentures in the rows starting from 2 to 13, column D of the attached spreadsheet. An annotation of NA has been entered in rows 9 to 12, since CitiVentures does not have any of these categories as part of its business due to the fact that CitiVentures is the global corporate venturing arm of the Citi Group.
Summary of findings
- Vanessa Colella is the Chief Innovation Officer, Citi & Head of Citi Ventures.
- The full leadership team at Citi Ventures comprises 50 key executives including Vanessa Colella.
- Matt Carbonara, Managing Director at Citi Ventures, works out of the Palo Alto office and joined the ompany in September 2018.
- He leads Citi Ventures investments in customer experience, enterprise IT, cybersecurity, data analytics, marketing technology, and machine learning.
- According to CrunchBase, Citi Ventures has made 77 investments. Three recent investments include Zum, HoneyBook, and Second Measure.
- On April 30, 2019, Zum, a California-based logistics platform, secured an undisclosed amount in series C round of funding from Citi Ventures.
- On March 21, 2019, Citi Ventures led a $28 million series C round of funding in HoneyBook which is a business and financial management platform for small businesses.
- In December 2018, CitiVentures collaborated with Hyperledger, an open source collaborative initiative designed to develop cross-industry blockchain technologies.
- CitiVentures and Computershare have collaborated to roll out Proxymity which is a digital proxy voting platform developed through Citi’s D10X program in June 2018.
- In October 2017, CitiVentures and StartOut partnered to launch global LGBTQ entrepreneur network to support, educate and connect LGBTQ entrepreneurs.
Your research team adopted the following strategy
We commenced our research by scouring the website of Citi Ventures for information on the Chief Innovation Officer at Citi. Other information was garnered through this method such as team size, and key hires. For team size, we counted the number of profiles mentioned on the team bios page of the website. For key hires, we considered only the one who was hired within the last three years in a key leadership or innovation role.
As a second research strategy, we referred to LinkedIn for further information on the CIO and the key hire's date of commencement of duties at CitiVentures to confirm that he was hired within the last three years in a key leadership or innovation role.
Thirdly, we referred to CrunchBase for investments done by CitiVentures. To ensure due diligence on the investment information, we also combed through news articles and press releases on business magazines such as Fortune and PR Newswire respectively.
For partnerships and key developments, we relied on the website's about us section wherein we could locate a timeline of key events that happened since the inception of CitiVentures. We sourced our partnerships and developments from the website and corroborated the information from other online publications such as news articles, press releases, etc.
For the information concerning financials, we tried searching CrunchBase but were not successful as it did not provide the required result. Furthermore, we tried to search the annual report of Citi Group with the intention of finding the financial information of CitiVentures. However, this research strategy failed because Citi Group has not divulged any financial information about its investing arm in the public domain. Lastly, we also referred to Owler for the revenue information of CitiVentures. Unfortunately, we could not rely on the provided information owing to the fact that the name of the CEO of CitiVentures was also not updated on the platform, Owler.
Finally, for the highlights on consumer, corporate and investment bank, commercial banking, and asset and wealth management arms of CitiVentures, we could conclude that information is not publicly available owing to the fact that CitiVentures is the global corporate investing arm of the Citi Group and it does not have any of these categories as part of its business.