JP Morgan has more than 250,000 employees throughout the world. The company hired Apoorv Saxena as the head of artificial intelligence and machine-learning services in 2018 and Tucker Balch as the new managing director of JP Morgan AI Research in 2019. More information required on the topic has been presented into the attached spreadsheet.
Team size and key hires
- According to the official website of JP Morgan Chase, the total number of employees in the company is above 250,000. Similarly, according to a 2018 Statista report, the total number of employees in the company is 256,105.
- J.P. Morgan Chase hired Apoorv Saxena as the head of artificial intelligence and machine-learning services in 2018. He used to work as "the head of product management for cloud-based artificial intelligence" and a senior executive at Google.
- The company also hired Tucker Balch as the new managing director of JP Morgan AI Research in 2019.
- JP Morgan hired a former Facebook engineer called Yang Wang in the innovation sector in September 2018. He is one of the two co-chairs of the AI Frontiers Conference.
- The company hired Dr. Manuela Veloso as the head of AI Research for the Corporate & Investment Bank in May 2018.
- JP Morgan Asset Management hired a new chief market strategist for Europe and UK in 2017. Her name is Karen Ward.
- The company hired Kurtis Huffman as the new executive director of Western Pennsylvania Middle Market Commercial Banking at JP Morgan Chase & Co in 2017. In 2017, the company hired "Kurt Stuart as the new head of commercial term lending (CTL) for the northeast region."
- They hired Michelle Herrick in 2017 as the market manager for REB central region. Similarly, Winston Fant was hired in 2017 as the leader of commercial real estate treasury services.
- In 2016, JP Morgan hired Kevin Latter as the co-head of their South African unit. Similarly, in August 2016, they announced the hiring of Ryota Sakagami as their chief Japan equity strategist for Equity Research Division.
- In 2016, the company hired Christian Kames as the head of investment banking for Germany. He worked for Citigroup before joining the company.
- Microsoft entered into a strategic partnership with JP Morgan in 2019. They are looking forward to developing the bank's financial services and blockchain platform — Quorum.
- JP Morgan recently partnered with Rock The Street, Wall Street to provide the students from two high-schools with an opportunity to enjoy a day as an investment banker.
- The company partnered with AI You Foundation to support the innovative development of healthcare social workers in June 2018.
- JP Morgan Chase & Co. announced in 2018 that they would be partnering with Berkshire Hathaway and Amazon to address their respective employees' healthcare by focusing on technology.
Highlights from the Commercial Banking Division
- According to the official Commercial Banking page, JP Morgan has about "300 specialized industry bankers across nearly 40 states with in-depth knowledge of current trends, challenges and opportunities within any industry."
- JP Morgan Chase has recently launched a program in the Commerical Banking industry called AdvancingCities. The budget of the five-year initiative is $500 million, and the focus of the initiative is to sustain long-term economic growth in different areas and cities throughout the globe.
- The company has recently announced a major expansion of its Commercial Banking services. They plan to "expand branches into nine top US markets and continue to grow the branch network in Philadelphia, Boston and Greater Washington, DC."
- The company has recently announced that they are planning to expand their Commercial Banking services in European and Asia-Pacific markets.
- The Commercial Banking Division of JP Morgan Chase announced in 2019 that they have launched their Emerging Growth industry group within MMBSI (Middle Market Banking & Specialized Industries). The group is an extended piece of the company's Commercial Banking industry.
- The company provides Commercial Banking solutions to more than 80% of the Fortune 500 companies.
- They received the "2017 Greenwich Associates Best Brand Awards in Middle Market Banking for overall service, loans (lines of credit), cash management and investment banking."
- The company serves more than 15,000 middle market clients with its Commerical Banking solutions.
your research team applied the following research strategies
To provide an in-depth analysis of JP Morgan, we started the research by searching across its official website. From there, we were able to find multiple links that were very helpful in this research. The size of their team was readily available on their website as well as in other external sources such as Statista. Therefore, we have provided the data from both types of databases (About Us page and Statista) in the findings section and the attached spreadsheet. We were able to get information on the key hires within the past three years from the news and announcement page of the company. We also used financial news databases and LinkedIn for compiling the required information for 2016-2019.
All the information regarding the partnerships of the company was also readily available on the news and announcement page of its website. We also referred to other financial news sources to confirm the information. We found that the company did not have any partnerships in 2016 and 2017. Therefore, we have presented the required information for 2018 and 2019. The company partnered with some companies in 2015; however, the information was not added in this research as it was very old. We were also able to find the highlights from the Commercial Banking Division of the company. All the highlights and insights were readily available on the website. We have presented some highlights in the findings section above. However, more highlights can be found on the website's pages. In this way, we were able to find all the information required to complete this research.