Cisco Network Equipment Overview
Cisco is the dominant network provider in terms of equipment and services. Their product offering makes up 74% of their total revenue. One of their key priorities is to accelerate the pace of innovation.
CISCO FACTS & FIGURES
- Cisco has grown into the leading network provider in terms of equipment and services. Their size allows them to offer practically any product a company would need for an enterprise network. Cisco's offerings are known for being proprietary and sometimes do not pair well with other brands.
- Cisco has around the clock technical support for their products that are in warranty. They also have an extensive support community with over 840,00 members.
- Cisco's routing and switching revenues continue to grow along with them controlling over half the market.
- North America provides Cisco with over 41% of their worldwide revenue.
CISCO'S NETWORK DIVISION
- Cisco offers the following networking products: switches, routers, wireless network management, interfaces & modules, optical networking, and software defined networking.
- Cisco offers the following wireless and mobility products: access points, outdoor and industrial access points, and controllers.
- Cisco offers the following security products- next generation firewalls, advanced malware protection, cloud security, network visibility and segmentation, email security, web security.
- Cisco offers the following collaborations products: endpoints, conferencing, contact centers, and unified communications.
- Cisco offers the following data center products: servers, unified computing, data center management and automation, data center security, data center switches, hyper converged infrastructure, storage networking, virtual networking.
- Cisco offers the following analytics: data center analytics and assurance, network analytics (Cisco DNA), network security analytics.
- Cisco offers the following in video: endpoints, intelligence, and Cisco Vision
- Cisco offers the following in IoT: networking, extended enterprises, management, Cisco Kinetic, and security.
- Cisco offers the following in networking software: IOS & NX_OS, along with the following Cisco One offerings: Access, WAN, Data Center Networking, Compute in Cloud, and Advanced Security.
- Cisco offers advisory, training, managed IT, and technical services within their networking division.
- Cisco strives to create long-lasting customer partnerships by providing them with what they need to succeed.
- Cisco has the following strategic priorities: accelerating the pace of innovation, increasing the value of the network, and transforming the business model.
- Cisco Digital Network Architecture (Cisco DNA) is an open, software-driven platform that is the basis for many of their software offerings. Cisco DNA uses AI to constantly learn about a network and adapt. They have recently integrated "Multidomain integration Application policy, security, and segmentation". They now work together across "campus and branch, WAN, and data center/cloud to fulfill one business intent". Cisco AI Network Analytics is a new capability in "Cisco DNA Assurance" that drives intelligence in the "network and effectively improves performance and issue resolution." Cisco DNA is a key offering of Cisco, and a very important part of their future plans.
- They desire to increase revenue by 5-7% in 2019.
- In the third quarter of 2018, they initiated a restructuring plan to realign the organization and for further investment in key priority areas.
- In their 2018 annual report they stated the following forward-looking statements: the ability to grow across the portfolio with the pipeline of innovation, customer adoption of said innovations, solid demand for their products and solutions, and continued progress with subscription offerings.
- Cisco desires to remain at the center of the transition to multi-cloud environments.
- They will continue to work closely with cloud providers.
- They are working to build security architecture that will cover the entire attack continuum. They have acquired Duo Security to assist in this area.
NETWORK EQUIPMENT DIVISION SIZE IN RELATION TO CISCO AS A WHOLE
- Cisco had a total revenue of $49.3 billion in 2018.
- Product sales accounted for $36.7 billion. Within the product division it is further broken down by segment. Infrastructure Platforms- $28.3 billion, Applications- $5.03 billion, Security- $2.35 billion, and Other Products-$1.05 billion.
- Services accounted for $12.6 billion.
- Their product sales account for 74% of their total revenue.
ACQUISITIONS COMPLETED IN 2018
- Viptela- Infrastructure Platforms for routing and switching
- Observable Networks- cloud-native network forensic security
- Springpath- infrastructure platforms/data center computing
- Perspica- applications- AppDynamics- machine learning and data processing
- cmpute.io — infrastructure platforms- cloud
- Broadsoft-Applications- unified communications
- Skyport Systems- infrastructure platforms- data center computing
- Accompany- applications- collaborations
KEY DECISION MAKERS
Detailed information provided in sources by clicking on the name.
- Chuck Robbins- Chairman and CEO of Cisco.
- Mark Chandler- Executive Vice President and Chief Legal Office
- Geri Elliott- EVP and Chief Sales & Marketing Officer
- David Goeckeler- Executive Vice President and General Manager of Cisco's Networking and Security Business
- Kelly Kramer- Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Maria Martinez- Executive Vice President and Chief Customer Experience Officer
- Amy Chang- SVP and General Manager, Cisco Collaboration
- Anuj Kapur- SVP and Chief Strategy Officer
- Stella Low — SVP and Chief Communications Officer
- Mark Patterson- SVP, Chief of Staff to the Chairman & CEO
- Irving Tan- SVP, Chief of Operations
- Michael D. Timmeny- SVP and Chief Government Strategy Officer
- Decision Makers Without Biographies:
- Roland Acra SVP- General Manager Data Center Business Group
- Sumeet Arora- SVP/General Manager, Service Provider Network Systems
- David Ashley- SVP, Product Operations
- Alvio Barrios- SVP, Americas Customer Experience
- Tom Berghoff- SVP, Global CX Centers
- Ravi Chandrasekaran- SVP, Enterprise Networking Business
- Jonathan Davidson- SVP and General Manager, Service Provider Business
- Mark Dodds- SVP, Global Enterprise Segment, Americas
- Lynne Doherty- SVP, US Commercial Sales
- Michael Glickman- SVP, Global Service Provider Segment
- Ashley Goodall- SVP, Leadership and Team Intelligence
- Sachin Gupta- SVP, Product Management, Enterprise Networking Business
- Scott Harrell- SVP and General Manager, Enterprise Networking Business
- John Kern- SVP, Supply Chain Operations
- Michael Koons- SVP, Global Systems Engineering
- Gilles Leyrat- SVP, Customer and Partner Experience
- John Manville- SVP, IT – Global Infrastructure Services
- James Mobley- SVP, Cisco Customer Experience
- Mike Mohn- SVP, Sales and Service Finance
- Jordi Moncada- SVP, Strategy & Business Acceleration, Cisco Operations
- Anand Oswal- SVP, Engineering Enterprise Networking Business
- Larry Payne- SVP, U.S. Public Sector
- Jeff Reed- SVP, Product, Security Business Group
- Gee Rittenhouse- SVP and General Manager, Security Business Group
- Jeff Sharritts- SVP, Americas
- Sri Srinivasan- SVP/GM, Webex Meetings, Teams, Calling & Devices
- John N. Stewart- SVP, Chief Security and Trust Officer
- Sri SrinivasanS- VP/GM, Webex Meetings, Teams, Calling & Devices
- John N. Stewart- SVP, Chief Security and Trust Officer
- Brett Wingo- SVP, Customer Experience Platforms Group
- Tae Yoo- SVP, Corporate Affairs
To obtain the most up to date information on Cisco, this information was compiled from their website, 2018 annual report, 2019 quarterly reports, and recent press releases.