Cintas: Uniforms & Apparel
Cintas' uniform and apparel business unit provides a broad spectrum of products such as shirts, pants, accessories, and headwear, among others. The main services offered by the business unit are cleanwear and uniform rental services. A high-level overview of the company focusing on the uniform and apparel business unit is presented below.
Products and Services
- Cintas uniform and apparel business unit’s main products are uniforms including shirts, suiting, accessories such as ties, pants, outwear, culinary, headwear, workwear, and scrubs.
- The company also provides custom-tailored apparel, flame resistant clothing, and isolation gowns.
- The business unit also provides services such as clean workwear where the company picks dirty uniforms and delivers cleaned ones as well as uniform rental services.
- Among the uniforms in the rental program are work shirts, work pants, outwear, women’s garment, chef works, carhartt, cleanroom, scrub, isolation gown, and flame resistant clothing.
- At the start of the rental program, the customer is assigned 11 garments. The company then picks dirty garments every week and replaces them with clean ones.
- Customers are also given an opportunity to build their own uniform based on their preferences and job activities.
- In the 2020, Cintas' uniform rental and facility services accounted for the largest share of the total revenue with $5.6 billion equivalent to 79.7%.
- In 2019, the segment contributed 80.6% of the total revenue or $5.5 billion.
- A direct link to a new product announcement can be found here.
- A direct link to a COVID-19-related announcement can be found here.
- A direct link to a news article on Cintas acquisition can be found here.
- A direct link to a news article on strategic partnership can be found here.
- A direct link to a news article on divestiture can be found here.
- A direct link to a news article on the uniform and apparel business unit award can be found here.
- A direct link to a news article on a new product can be found here.
- Cinta’s main competitors in the uniform and apparel business are Aramark, UniFirst Corporation, Superior Uniform Group, and AmeriPride Services. The companies were identified as competitors because they also focus on the uniform program segment and/or uniform rental services.