- Samuel N. Hazen is the CEO of HCA Healthcare.
- Debra Reed was the CEO of Sempra Energy, until May 1, 2018.
- Barbara Rentler is the CEO of Ross Stores.
Information on CEOs that are currently or have previously led a large healthcare organization, as well as female CEOs that are currently or have previously led a Fortune 1000 company has been provided in the attached spreadsheet.
- Samuel N. Hazen is the current CEO of HCA Healthcare.
- Debra Reed was the CEO at Sempra Energy, until May 1, 2018.
- Barbara Rentler is the current CEO of Ross Store.
- Ernie Sadau is the current CEO of Christus Health.
- Gayla Delly was the CEO at Benchmark Electronics, until September 16, 2016.
For this research on CEOS, we leveraged the most reputable sources of information that were available in the public domain, including the website of each organization. We found a list of the largest hospitals and health systems in the US in an article by Becker's Hospital Review. We only included healthcare organizations with over 10,000 employees. We also found a historical list of women CEOs of Fortune 1000 companies from 1972 to 2019 in an article by Catalyst.org. We only included fortune 1000 companies with over 10,000 employees.
After an extensive search through the public domain, we were only able to find 57 female CEOs who are currently leading Fortune 1000 companies with a minimum of 10,000 employees or have left the organization in the past 3-5 years. We looked through the company websites as well as news and media reports from sources such as NDTV, Fortune.com, Philly Mag, and Washington Post, among others. We also looked through sources dating as far back as 5 years ago, but we were unable to find 60 female CEOs. We have therefore provided the 57 female CEOs in the attached spreadsheet.