CBD American Shaman - Competitive Landscape 2
Elixinol Global earned $25.38 million in revenue while Charlotte's Web earned $69.5 million in revenue in FY2018. The estimated average annual revenue of Koi CBD is $8.55 million. A competitive analysis of three additional competitors to CBD American Shaman identified in the initial research; Elixinol, Koi CBD, and Charlotte's Web has been provided in the attached spreadsheet. The detailed findings are given below:
- Founded in 2014 in Broomfield, Colorado, Elixinol specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of CBD products.
- The company offers 100% organic CBD hemp oil products including CBD capsules, Hemp CBD oil tinctures, CBD liposomes, water-soluble CBD powder, CBD topical balms, SATIVA™ Hemp Skincare, Respira CBD oil, X-Pen CBD oral applicators, CBD dog treats, and hemp seeds and protein powder.
- Elixinol markets its products across the Americas, Europe, and the Asia Pacific via B2B and B2C channels. The company has operations in Sydney and Bangalow in Australia, California and Colorado in the US, Japan (Tokyo), Netherlands, Spain, and the UK.
- Elixinol has years of experience in harvesting hemp seeds, manufacturing CBD oil, and lab testing of its products. It uses an "eco-friendly 'cold' CO2 extraction process in its state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities." The company also offers third-party testing and certification.
- Elixinol is headquartered at 224 Commerce Street, Broomfield, Colorado, 80020.
- The company reported total group revenue of AUD 37.1 million (US$25.38 million) in FY 2018. Revenue from Elixinol's operations in the US was AUD 32.5 million (US$22.23 million).
CEO and Director of Sales and Marketing
- Ali Atcha is the chief executive officer (Europe) and director of sales and marketing (Europe) at Elixinol.
- The company doesn't offer franchise opportunities. However, it offers an affiliate program as well as bulk and wholesale partnership opportunities worldwide.
5. Koi CBD
- Founded in 2015, Koi CBD is a privately-held CBD manufacturing company based in Norwalk, California.
- The company's mission is to "create a standard of quality for CBD products."
- Koi CBD offers CBD cartridges, shots, gummies, topicals, Koi naturals CBD oil, CBD vape juice, and CBD for pets. Its products are available at nearly 60 locations across the US, UK, Canada, and Japan.
- Koi CBD's products are 100% natural and more than 99% pure. These products are manufactured in an ISO certified lab and are free from any detectable Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) at 10 ppm. The company also tests its products for purity and safety.
- Koi CBD is headquartered at 14631 Best Ave., Norwalk, California.
- Being a private company, Koi CBD does not publish its revenue and other financial details. According to a third party resource ZoomInfo, the company earned $8.8 million in revenue in the fourth quarter of FY 2019.
- The average annual revenue of the company was found by taking an average of the revenues reported in all four quarters of FY 2019 i.e., ($7.6 million + $9 million + $8.8 million + $8.8 million)/4 = $8.55 million.
- Hence, the company's estimated average annual revenue for FY 2019 is $8.55 million.
Chief Marketing Officer (CMO)
- Brent Brunner is the chief marketing officer at Koi CBD.
- The company doesn't offer franchise opportunities. However, it offers local (US) and international wholesale opportunities.
6. Charlotte's Web
- Founded by the Stanley Brothers, Charlotte’s Web is a publicly-traded company that manufactures whole-plant hemp supplements.
- The company's mission is "to improve life, naturally."
- It grows non-GMO hemp on family farms in Kentucky and Oregon and manufactures its CBD products in its FDA-registered facility. Its products include CBD oils, capsules, gummies, isolate, topicals, bulk CBD, and CBD for dogs.
- The company holds third-party verification for its Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Charlotte’s Web has 307 employees. From 2017 to 2018, the company's revenue and gross profit grew by 74% and 75% respectively.
- Charlotte's Web ships its products in all US states and Canada. E-commerce contributed to 57% of the company's sales in FY 2018.
- The company reported revenue of $69.5 million in FY2018.
- The current CMO of Charlotte's Web could not be found on the company's official website, LinkedIn page, and in any news and media sources.
- Eugenio Mendez is currently serving as the chief growth officer at Charlotte's Web. He leads the company's sales, marketing, and business development activities.
- Paul Frank is the director of shopper marketing at Charlotte's Web.