Catsy is a PIM and catalog software suite platform that stores product images and data in one database. CEO Ceejay S. Teku founded the company in 2003 and relaunched in 2015 with no funding. The details have been outlined in the attached spreadsheet.
- Catsy is a product management tool, utilizing syndication and content analytics technology to facilitate e-commerce growth.
- It is an all in one suite of product information management (PIM) and catalog software including field-tested best practices.
- Catsy's PIM software platform stores product images, specifications, and data. It allows users to manage their product attributes and digital assets on one platform, optimizing content for various channels.
- A primitive version of Catsy was created in 2003 by Ceejay S. Teku. In launching the product the seemed to have been too early for the market and did not achieve many sales from their product.
- The company was re-established in 2015 and was developed as a solution for a cause he himself had in organizing product attributes and syndicating the content using spreadsheets.
To conduct this research, we visited the personal website of Catsy, social platforms, and business databases. An overview of the company was easily found on its website, as well as on social platform LinkedIn. These sources provided us with information about what Catsy is, and its operations.
Catsy’s history was partially available on its website as well. However, a video found on YouTube of founder Ceejay Teku, highlighted the actual process of how Catsy came about and reached where it is today. The single product offered by Catsy is explained thoroughly on its website. Here we found the actual steps that the software platform takes to achieve its goals.
To find information about the company’s funding history, we visited business databases including Crunchbase, AngelCo, and Owler. However, the company was not found on the Crunchbase platform. Owler highlighted that the company had not received any funding up to the present date. This was then confirmed by the AngelCo database. Catsy’s claims were mentioned throughout the service explanations on its website.
Finally, the executive team of Catsy was found on social platform LinkedIn. Here we looked at the profile of the Catsy company and found 25 employees. From these, we chose the executives and leaders of the company.